X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Baked Potato!

I recently demoed a Baked Potato and couldn't believe how easy this board was to catch and ride waves. I'm 47, haven't really surfed in along time and been struggling to get back into it, thought long boarding may have been really the only option! How wrong could I be, this board gives me the confidence boost I needed, so one "Technogain" ordered.

Thanks Firewire!

Originally posted by MDoddsie View Post
    I recently demoed a Baked Potato and couldn't believe how easy this board was to catch and ride waves. I'm 47, haven't really surfed in along time and been struggling to get back into it, thought long boarding may have been really the only option! How wrong could I be, this board gives me the confidence boost I needed, so one "Technogain" ordered.

Thanks Firewire!
    MDoddsie, the potato line (sweet, baked) is awesome! I sold my longboard because my sweet took care of all the small waves! :D

ALOHA!!

Comment

I just picked up a 601 BP and I think I'm in love! (After toying w/ a 604 SP and a 511 BP.)

I'm with you on longboarding. I didn't think I would get below my 8' comfort range, but thanks to the Potato line I have a new favorite board, and board line!

Comment

@Mike... aint got ur screen name, but i know u read. Mahalo for the BP stoke.
        @Tescot... r ur boards at Tropical Blends?
        @Hawaii_boi... i dont know if u know it was me, but i was working the right off of righthands coming at ur left from cliffs on my 5'7 BP. i was going to paddle over, but i prefer my spot w the tide rising

what a great board for small to head high surf. rode it w Stretch quads and flowed cutties and floaters.

Comment

@fokaiHI, yea i saw you on your new Baked flying it down the line. I prefer righthands too but Cliffs left was lining up good. The potatoes are mean right??! That's why i ride mines most of the time. chee!!
          :D

ALOHA!!
          Last edited by hawaii_boi; 05-04-2013, 09:28 PM.

Comment

@fokaiHI, btw, how's the volume on your 5'7 baked? What other fin combinations are you planning to try? I can't wait to get my BP already! ugh!!! haha!

ALOHA!!

Comment

@fokai Yes, dropped them off there earlier this week. I figured that would be the best spot for them to go quick. Just posted them on CL as well.

Comment

2nd day on the BP @DH 2' and decent surf. i like this board. watch out Hawaii, i'm Baked.

Comment

@fokaiHI, you'll be selling your Addvance soon and your vanguard will be collecting dust. Potatoes rule! haha!

ALOHA!!

Comment

that is so true. i thought about selling the ADD and realized i still get free parking at Threes so i need the ADD for the one epic south that comes in this summer. south is picking up today and spose to stay strong for 10 days or so... c u there.

Comment

@fokaiHI, once I got my sweet potato I didn't need my 9'0 Takayama ITP anymore :) Another great thing about the potatoes...you don't need to rack em or bag em just throw em in the car and go! haha.

I heard there is a swell coming but after Mother's day. I'll see you out there if it hits!

ALOHA!!

Comment

@hawaii_boi... did 4 1/2 hrs yesterday morn. brah... i like that the people that i know like come out and surf, but yetsterday was stupid. everywhere i paddled was guys i've surfed w/ from kid kine. it seems i covered all parameters of my surfing career from bodyboarding to the guy who gave me my first 11' cippy 21 yrs ago. which btw is married to my ex-wife and apparently lives in the same condo as my dad. fricken weird, but we've always been boys. getting ready now to go again.

today, i'll jam the AMT's w/ stretch rears. BP was sic yesterday. i hate to say it, but my ADD is going to sit until Three's starts cracking which will be like only twice. other than that 2' overhead is all BP.
                        Last edited by fokaiHI; 05-08-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

@fokaiHI, it's always good to see friends around.

Yesterday was definitely more fun than this morning even though I surfed only an hour. Let me know how those AMTs are.

Twice only? You might as well sell your ADD haha. that's what happened to my longboard. If my SP could not catch waves easily I would have kept it. Btw, Three's might be pumping next week if the 6' forecast holds true!

ALOHA!!
                          Last edited by hawaii_boi; 05-08-2013, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X