X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Potato for Beg-Int?

I have been surfing Newport for roughly a year on a 7'6" fun shape. I'm able to paddle into waves pretty easily at this point and get a few good rides down the line. I'm ready to start to step down into a board in the 6' range and was considering a BP. My only concern is that a 6' BP is going to be too much board for my size (5'10" 160 lbs). Any advice? Would the potatonater be a better option?

Originally posted by mcgloneml View Post
    I have been surfing Newport for roughly a year on a 7'6" fun shape. I'm able to paddle into waves pretty easily at this point and get a few good rides down the line. I'm ready to start to step down into a board in the 6' range and was considering a BP. My only concern is that a 6' BP is going to be too much board for my size (5'10" 160 lbs). Any advice? Would the potatonater be a better option?
    I would say that you are thinking along the right lines. I would go a PN as your step down or the very popular Dom. You have a fun shape for smaller days you now want something more short board like.

Comment

Working...
    X