Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
looking to purchase baked potatoe and sizing questions???????????? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to purchase baked potatoe and sizing questions????????????

Aloha i am 43 yrs old,5'6 and i am 170 pounds,i live in maui and surf everyday when theres waves,i have been surfing for 30 years, i ride a 6'0 stealth firewire,and i love it, i am hooked on these firewires they float so well and fast just love it. but now summer has arrived and i'm just not into long boarding was wondering, what size bake potatoe or should i get the potatonator for these 1 to 2 foot crumbling lahaina harbor waves that sometimes turn into fast little waves, curious about what hwaii boi has to say?? any feed back would be appreciated, and if you have one for sale and live around hwaii drop me a line. thanks for you input.
    Aloha

Yeah Hawaiiboy is da man for this one

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
      Yeah Hawaiiboy is da man for this one
      LOL! No I'm not. Everyone that rides a potato should be sharing their experiences :)

btw, how do you like those jordys? I just ordered Jordy M size for my future potatonator or unibrow :D

ALOHA!!

Comment

your both pretty bad ass, i read both your posts, so what do you think guys??? summer is almost here:( and i need a super groveler for those 1 to 3 foot days.

Comment

@voodoolou, howzit! The Potato family excel in conditions like that. I make most of the shortboarders and longboarders jealous when I catch knee high waves with my sweet potato and have a lot of fun on em! :D

I'm 5'8 and 170 lbs. I would ride a 5'3 Baked. I tried a 5'1 Baked...it floats well but required a little more work than the 5'3 when trying to catch the knee to thigh high waves.

If you are catching 1-2 ft (hawn) the Baked and Pnator are both perfect. If you would like to extend your range to cover the smaller waves then the Baked has you covered there. The Pnator would extend your range higher.

Baked: knee to head high max (ideal: knee to chest)
          Pnator: thigh to head high, overhead max (ideal waist to head high)

note: these are based on my experiences surfing south shore Oahu (Ala moana, Diamond Head, etc.)

I hope I was able to give you a little insight on how these boards ride and determining the right size for you. Have fun!

ALOHA!!
          Last edited by hawaii_boi; 04-19-2013, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Many Mahalos, hawaii boi, its a tough one braddah, but i am digging watching some of the videos of the BP, sure looks like you can get up and and go before the wave breaks, volume calculator said to get a 5'5 , im sure your a bit younger and a better surfer than me, you really think a 5'3 will float me??? seems like such a small board.
            Last edited by voodoolou; 04-19-2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

@voodoolou, 5'3 Baked is perfect. If you look at the other forum users' signatures, some are heavier and/or taller but ride a 5'3. You mentioned you ride a 6'0 stealth (30.5L) and floats well. The baked 5'3 is at 32.4L. If you need more convincing, i recommend demoing one. Demoing a board ultimately convinced me.

ALOHA!!
              Last edited by hawaii_boi; 04-19-2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaii_boi View Post
                LOL! No I'm not. Everyone that rides a potato should be sharing their experiences :)

btw, how do you like those jordys? I just ordered Jordy M size for my future potatonator or unibrow :D

ALOHA!!
                Reallly liking those fins on the Vanguard!!! I do have the L though, but still move. Pretty drivey but loose of the top. On my Pnator the ones I have on are the SOLUS, they have not come out since I first put them.

Comment

Originally posted by voodoolou View Post
                  your both pretty bad ass, i read both your posts, so what do you think guys??? summer is almost here:( and i need a super groveler for those 1 to 3 foot days.
                  5'3" will put a BIG smile on your face!!! Those little things fit anywhere in the wave and they go fast!!!

Comment

@iggy,
                    awesome! I can't wait to get my Jordys!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by voodoolou View Post
                      Many Mahalos, hawaii boi, its a tough one braddah, but i am digging watching some of the videos of the BP, sure looks like you can get up and and go before the wave breaks, volume calculator said to get a 5'5 , im sure your a bit younger and a better surfer than me, you really think a 5'3 will float me??? seems like such a small board.
                      I'm 87Kgs and the 5'2" sweet potato floats me plenty... Just to put things in perspective ;)

Comment

@iggy,
                        awesome! I can't wait to get my Jordys!

ALOHA!!
                        Anytime hawaii_boi, let me know how the M work for you!

Comment

@iggy, I already have the Jordy L and it rocks! Best fins I've tried in a long time! I'll be putting my Jordy M on my spitfire or my future boards: pnator and unibrow! :D

ALOHA!!

Comment

@iggy, I already have the Jordy L and it rocks! Best fins I've tried in a long time! I'll be putting my Jordy M on my spitfire or my future boards: pnator and unibrow! :D

ALOHA!!
                            Hawaii try the Marzo's if you have a chance!!

Comment

@iggy, I want to try all the fins but I have already exceeded my fin budget. I just ordered Jordy M and Lost Seaworthy controllers along with honeycomb quad rears and two knubsters! haha!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Working...
                              X