Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
looking to purchase baked potatoe and sizing questions???????????? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a 5'7 baked potato, surfed it in knee to chest east coast us waves as a thruster, im 6'1 185 and even with a 4/3 wetsuit had no problem catching waves and getting down the line. Its a really fun board and i think would be fine up to head high with decent fins.

Comment

right on guys, thanks for your advice, love to demo but ,we only have one shop that demos firewire and i think they have two, kinda of a bummer cause i know lots of people would buy more boards if they only knew how fast, light, and durable these boards where, now i gotta find a 5'3 baked in maui, pretty hard to do, maybe you know where i can order a board from there in Oahu hawaii_boi??????, that has reasonable shipping rates to Maui??? any connection would be appreciated.
      Aloha

Comment

@voodoolou, asides from ordering from a shop I'm not sure where or who else you can order from. Maybe Chris or someone in this forum can chime in on this...? Good luck!

ALOHA!!

Comment

Tropical Blends on Oahu is supposed to be one of the main vendors on O'ahu, but several of the online retailers have a drop shipping agreement with Firewire to ship straight from the factory to your door.

Comment

@voodoolou - maybe you could use those demo boards to decide which volume would work best for you. I have been playing with trying different boards and just picked up a BP 601 and it may be perfect at 51 liters. 58 didn't work (too floaty) and 47.4 didn't work (not quite enough float for what I like).
            I've read some recommendations that once you get your FW volume down you can pretty much stay within 2 liters and be very content.

Comment

mahalos tescott, ill order one this week

Comment

Working...
              X