• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Potato

Coming Soon

Tease!

Comment

Spill the beans! Now I don't know whether to wait before I order a Sweet Potato.....

Comment

Chris are there any photo's of the baked spud to check out yet?

Comment

We have had the prototypes come through, but not any for retail so I haven't really gotten a good bit together...

Comment

A bit of snooping...
            http://blog.bcsurf.com/new-2012-fire...and-activator/

Comment

Confused here.
              been looking at the Baked Potato, the Sweet Potato and the Potatonator. they are sutley different but very close.
              I am almost considering the Baked Potato. but have not gotten a grasp or urge on surfing a wave that choppy yet. Next board will more than likely be the Activator for a more lively/snappy undershoulder high board answer to my dominator that has done well in most surf. , but I am looking back at the Potato, SweetPot and the Potnator for that sloppy surf ride I have been missing?
              Last edited by Fritzkat; 02-21-2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Baked potato more performant than the sweet potatoe. Potatonator more performant than baked potato.
                Baked potato will increase your wave count on the low end of small conditions than the potatonator

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
                  Baked potato will increase your wave count on the low end of small conditions than the potatonator
                  How so Iggy?

Comment

Baked Potato is like a tweaked Sweet Potato, the Potatonator is more of a tweaked Dominator.
                    I think the Sweet and Baked will pack more volume than the PN.

Comment

Certainly if you select any of them purely on length then the Sweet and baked potato will have more volume than the potatonator in the same length.
                      However if you choose all 3 of them with the same (as close as possible) volumes in litres then which will be the one that increases your wave count most?

Comment

I think Sweet Potato then Baked Potato, then PN. The huge wide tail of the SP catches everything, and that and the BP have overal flatter rocker than the PN.
                        SP and BP also have all the volume under you in those compact sizes whereas the PN has a bit more length and curve both in outline and rocker.

Comment

Agreed with PRJ here!!.
                          As he mentioned, the Baked Potato is a tweaked Sweet Potato whereas the Potatonator is a cross-pollination between the Dominator (nose) and the sweet potato (tail).
                          The Sweet and baked will tend to excel on the low end cut to their massive plane area and flatter rocker.

Comment

Just had a look at the boards lengths and volumes you're riding Iggy and Prj.
                            Iggy:
                            Potato : 5'2" 32.2 litres
                            Spitfire: 5'8" 31 litres
                            Hellfire: 6' 31.9 litres
                            Prj:
                            Spitfire: 5'8" 31 litres
                            Subscorcher: 5'8" 32.5 litres
                            Taj: 6' 25.5 litres
                            Taj: 6'2" 28.3 litres
                            Ok so if we go Potatonator 5'6" it will have 30.3 litres
                            or 5'8" it will have 33.9 litres.
                            So a 5'7" Potatonator would give you the median litreage which you have in your current small wave boards.
                            I'm pretty certain that there wouldn't be much difference in the wave catching ability of the boards we are talking about if you compare them with similar litreages because of the tradeoffs of a narrower planshape and extra length balancing out a shorter boards greater width and lower rocker.
                            But here's the kicker....
                            I've surfed my potatonator this morning in 1-2' clean waves which would pitch on take off and either back off through deeper water or if one of the larger ones, run through with some good rippable walls.
                            Looking at your board choices if you ever get your hands on a potatonator in the volumes you are running for your current small wave boards....your grovellers are doomed!
                            Doomed I'm telling ya!
                            BTW have either of you seen a Potatonator in the flesh yet?

Comment

Iggy you seen the Baked Pot yet? its gonna be a while (june 15) until it lands here in the Islands. I just saw a Sweet Pot. I am thinking I would like the Baked Pot better

Comment

Working...
                              X