Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you liked the volume of the SP go 1" longer for the BP. If you would like to go a little smaller go 1" smaller.

5'11" Baked would be similar volume to 5'10" Sweet.

Comment

will the BP com in FST or just rapid fire?

Comment

I think it's RF only until next year. Probably focusing on the more high performance models for the FST builds currently.

Comment

i have seen photos of it in the fst but on the firewire site it is just rapid fire,
          thanks

Comment

Nemina, How on earth did you break a 5'10" sweet Potato?

I've been power driven into the sand & smashed all around the shallows so many times on mine but it still hasnt got a single ding in it (wish I could say the same for my body)!

This board (FST) is so tough with so much foam I reckon It could handle a great whites bite with little or no drama!

I reckon go for the 5'11" if the sweet P 5'10" was good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by nemiņa View Post
              Hello, I broke the Sweet Potatoe 5.10, I will buy another, and I'm thinking of baked potato, I'll take the minimum wave he grabbed the Sweet Potatoe?, Baked Potatoe in which I'll get 5.9 or 5.11?, My SP was 5.10
              regards
              Nemina do you live in Brazil or Portugal?. Baked potato will have a little more refined outline and a bit less volume on the nose.
              I believe the 5'11" will do the job

Comment

Originally posted by surfgumby View Post
                Nemina, How on earth did you break a 5'10" sweet Potato?

I've been power driven into the sand & smashed all around the shallows so many times on mine but it still hasnt got a single ding in it (wish I could say the same for my body)!

This board (FST) is so tough with so much foam I reckon It could handle a great whites bite with little or no drama!

I reckon go for the 5'11" if the sweet P 5'10" was good for you!
                On saturday my buddy rode his into a sucky close out and ass dropped the fins in the close out. Ripped two fins clean out and split one of the plugs in half. Only the second time he rode it but it was pilot error. Unfortunate though...

Comment

Thats a real bummer! Guess I must just be lucky so far, was his board RF or FST?

Comment

RF. I think he landed on it pretty hard though. The box was about the only thing damaged mind. Surprised the fins completely vanished, didn't even break at the tabs.

Comment

http://instagr.am/p/LXcaH4ChTe/
                      Could have been much worse I think.

Comment

Yeah guys that has happened to me on PU and Firewire before. I have always surfed shallows reefs with boily take offs and just a lateral brush on a rock or sand can fracture the finbox no sweat. its just the way the cookie crumbles i guess....

At least that is a quick and easy fix.

Comment

Yeah, I think it's a testament to the high density inserts and glass job that that whole box and surrounding area weren't ripped out with it.

Doing my best to keep him patient and make sure it's dry before he takes it in for a repair.

Comment

yeah that's important for sure!!

Comment

For an intermediate surfer, whats the upper limit as far as wave size?

Comment

I'd say it's more dependent on the type of wave more than the size. It'd handle big, super fat and slow waves, but I wouldn't fancy it in 2ft slab by double ups.

Comment

Working...
                                X