X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked potato size for uk summer waves

Hi guys just wanting some feed back on the size of a baked spud for uk summer waves. I am talking knee to waste high. I would normally just trust the vol calculator and this puts me on a 501 but I was thinking more float might not be a bad thing here. Say the 503. I have also noticed that most of the uk stockist,s only have 503,s are they trying to answer my question.

What are you weighing in at? Personally I've never really got mine going here in knee high stuff. Maybe on just the right little bank but most knee high waves here tend to just lap ontop the sand. I like mine in waist plus but when there isn't enough shape or juice for a shortboard

Comment

• Matt_s
      Matt_s commented
      Editing a comment
      I know what you mean phill, Iv found for me it doesnt really let me surf the tiny stuff amazingly well (defintley better than my other boards though), it just lets me surf well when the waves are ultra weak, most importantly its just a super fun ride that unless its super hollow I like in anything up to head high because its so skatey and different feeling, its a lot of fun. I think its a definte staple in the quiver for me and more versatile than it looks.

I am between 68 and 70 kgs never more. It's more looking for a board for the days you rock up and wouldn't normally go out. I can ride my 504 PN in prity weak small stuff but was thinking the baked would have the edge. I sink the PN when trying to drive on a weaker wave.

Comment

• Phill
      Phill commented
      Editing a comment
      You'd have no problem on the 501, I'd ride the 506 PN and 503 BP at 77kgs.
      That said, I don't think you'd have any issues being on the bigger 503, especially if it's only going to be used in the junkiest of conditions.

If you are trying to catch weak waves, the extra volume will not hurt. In better waves definitely 5'1.

ALOHA!!

Comment

501... I'm same weigh as you and have a 502 sp. overall opinion and looking at your other boards i think you will find it a bit big and end up Downsizing. However il be in a much better position to judge when my 501 BP finally turns up

Comment

• pmorgan
        pmorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I am leaning toward the 501 as my PN is less vol and I can grovel her with ease. I fide I bog the nose when trying to drive in weak small gutless surf. I think the wider nose on the baked might be better and a slightly more stable platform for that slower wave takeoff,s. But to find a 501 in the uk in any tech is impossible.

@pmorgan reach out to [email protected] and he can help you locate things in the UK.

Comment

• pmorgan
        pmorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Cheers Criss I will drop him an e-mail.

There's a shipment due in real soon so I don't doubt there will be more 501s about in the near future.

Comment

@pmorgan, did you get the 501 yet? how is it? post some pics! I'm still waiting for Firewire to make more!!

ALOHA!!

Comment

• pmorgan
          pmorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          No I have not managed to get my hands on one. My LSS sold a board for me and uasually gives me a great deal on any new boards. But he is so bad at chasing up orders etc. I am going to chase him again. Summer will be over and I wont need the bloddy thing.
      Working...
      X