Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reserves - I'm based in London this year but looking for a job down in the SW for next year. Board is sitting waiting in Bristol for me so gonna get my hands on it Friday night. Not looking too hot for a surf at weekend otherwise I'd take it for a test at porth cawl. Got a 5 week campervan surfari planned in France and Spain so will post up some pics in September when I get back along with some ride reports. Nelson, I recon u will be stoked on be 501. If I was more consistanly down at the 70kg mark and surfing in light to no rubber and gettin in the water more often I would have been sold on the 501 no doubts. I still think the 503 will be slightly on the big side for me but to be honest iv got on so well on the 502 sp I feel this is a very safe bet for me all round. Won't be getting too wet to often over the next few weeks but il be stationed at the beach 24/7 surfing it everyday throughout August ! Cannot frickin wait. Get on that 501 ASAP nelson and good luck with the jujitsu comps, great way to keep surf fit

Comment

Phil, Ordered it from boardshop.co.uk they seem to be pretty good at getting a decent load of new models when they are out. You tempted to sell on your potato and get one? The timbertek is what pushed me over the edge

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        The wheels are already in motion.

I just need to find someone to Buy my 5'2 FST Sweet Potato in SW UK for 300... Ahem....

I'm sure it will go quick it, are you going for a 503 as well? U been happy with the size of the sp?

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah 503
        I ride it quite a bit in head high, high tide stuff so it feels a bit chunky in that but still so fun. Stupidly fast and I've dialed it in enough to be able to push some (what feel like) solid wrapping carves on it after washing off a bit of speed. In bigger conditions the next size down would prob feel good for volume, but I'm 6'0+ so can't really go shorter, plus the added volume is essential on smaller, weaker days.
        I'm hoping the lighter weight of the TT gives me that little extra responsiveness. But yeah, I'm happy with the sizing for sure.

Yeh I agree on all of that, ashame its such a big gap in vol between 5'1 and 5'3 but I think I'd rather have one a touch too big. I'm hoping that the pulled in nose + thinner rails will make it a bit more controlled in bigger stuff. Id still really like to try a 5'1 but I'v decided to stick with what i know

Comment

@Phill is yours the orange tint 5' 2" one that's been advertised?

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep! That's the one

Finally it my hands on my 503 TG BP, this board has stoked the whole family out, it looks unbelievable ! Comparing to me 502 SP fst it is extremely light and it feels to me overall just a tad smaller with the no refinements. It feels great underarm. I was pleased with the way the Dane tail pad looked when I put it on as well, one happy customer

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          Jealous. They are something else in the flesh aren't they!

• hawaii_boi
          hawaii_boi commented
          Editing a comment
          sick board!!!

ALOHA!!

• pmorgan
          pmorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG That is so sick. I hope the board shop get the 501 in soon. DTL wont have until oct. Thats no use ill be back on the MD then.

Phill, I am blown away purely on how it looks and feels. I'm not sure i even want to surf it, it is like a piece of art. I'm sure it's going to ride insane! Good luck hope you get yours soon

Comment

Looks amazing mate, im gonna go future boxes and 501 for mine iv decided... For now tho the chubby chedda is doing great once the summer mush returns il be reaching for the debit card no doubt!

Comment

Cheers... Futures look like the way to go but they don't seem to come as standard in the uk (At least whenever I pick one up) and iv got quite a few fcs already, il find a good combo. Still want to try a CC

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              It's a lot of area taken out of the tail with 5 futures plugs though, plus they've got to lock up the flex in the tail a little. Futures for thrusters seems like a good option though

Cheers Hawaii boy, I'm so stoked on it ! Phill I never even considered that about futures, that's interesting. What fins do you think you will put in your BP when you get it? Any luck selling the sp yet ? Mine went on Sunday to a lucky new owner, I believe it's off to Thailand with its new owner so I feel like I sent it to a good home

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll try the DL fronts and DS rears that I use in my PT. Maybe a Nubster in there too. I want to get a set of DM to try as rears.
              I'll potentially have FCS2 plugs but I dunno if I'll invest in new fins for it just yet...

Fcs 2? This is the first I have heard of it... Looks interesting. Are FireWires starting to roll out boards with this in now? The fin boxes look pretty, I suppose its not all bad I missed out on this as it would only mean I end up buying more fins

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it's going to be a slow trickle with the new plugs.
              No luck selling my Sweet Potato, plenty of interest though.

@Phill think the spray is making people nervous, people are strange! I'd buy it if I could surf it....

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I think you're right. Might have to get motivated and scrap and sand it all off.... Urffff

I'd buy it for 300 if I hadn't just sold one, I like the orange

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I like it too... I just like the paulownia more haha

Phill that is very interesting and something i had not considered! My very strict "futures are simply a better design" viewpoint is wavering! Does anyone have experience riding identical boards with fcs and futures?! I suppose it would be most significant in 5 finners... Would be very interesting to know the effect on volume (and therefore buoyancy) and tail flex... I somehow doubt there is that much significant flex over such a short distance anyway but i suppose when you have 5 boxes in there spread the way they are maaayyybe.... hmmmm!

Comment

Phill, the paulownia make you through out all sense of reason with your money, i was happy with my SP but i have no regrets spending the extra cash on this little upgrade

Comment

Working...
              X