Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick with the BP. Potatonator grovels well and is better in low tide waves. The BP is a great groveller and is better in mid-high tide waves compared to the PN. I've had both (and SPs) btw.

Comment

what are

Comment

god dammit ate my post...

i was gonna say what are your stats ocean? im thiking 501 is gonna be the go but i am looking for the uber grovelly end of things as my CC is great in 2ft+ as long as theeres a bit of push or suck to em...

sadly fireewire in currumbin have lent a load of boards out for a demo day and the volcom board labs smallest is the 503 i demoed before....

but as the volume is more i anticipate now even the 501 is gonna feel better in really small stuff than the CC since iv got used to that... in a way i am not expecting to be able to catch ripples (we used to have some soft top mals in our shed that were so fun for tiny days just run down the beach have a smoked and play, me and my mate even both got shacked at the same time in the smallest barrel ever one time, its funny we had some of the best surfs on those shitty things!) anyway yeh im more expecting to just squeeze a bit more out of waves and keep the ride alive with less powerful surf....

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd go 501 if I were you Nelson. If I was a bit shorter I would have. After riding a vanguard in everything for the last few months the 503 BP feels huge. I haven't surfed it yet though and I'm sure it's going to feel good in the right waves.

haha look at the post number of your reply...

its a sign!!!

now i just gotta stop talking about it on here and buy one!!!

opinions on future or fcs 2 boxes?! i <3 futures in general...

Comment

• Phill
          Phill commented
          Editing a comment
          The issue with FCSII currently is the extremely limited number of templates. Of course you can still use standard templates.
          My issue with Futures is they have a really limited range of quad rears.

• Nelson GoldCoast
          Nelson GoldCoast commented
          Editing a comment
          yeh especially with the diff sizes boxes...

how much do you weigh ocean?

Comment

yep im gonna demo both and see how i feel, thanks for the help

Comment

how does your 508 SF compare to the 501 and 503 BPs?! i had a RF 508 spitfire for a while and it was fun when it was small and sloppy but i found it was a bit corky for my liking in 3ft+... I believe it had 31L volume... iv progressed a lot since then and i reckon my groveller volume is around 30L ideally altho if im only using it in 2ft and below the more the merrier really...

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you really want to go 501. If I wasn't 6'0 tall I'd have gone 501 at 77kg. The 503 is a lot of board, although the rails and tail are pretty refined I just find 21.25" to be insanely wide. I think that's down to getting used to 18.00" lately though.
              The board is still really responsive at that width though.

I agree, I almost definitely should have got a 5'1. My 5'3 is a boat! But it works and it works well so I can't complain to much...worst thing really is it feels strange switching between other more appropriately volumed boards. Think il get 5'1 someday....if I was 70kg or less I wouldn't have considered the 5'3

Comment

Working...
            X