X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Potato as a thruster?

After loving the way the Kinetik Energy Parko quads feel under my feet on my Sweet Potato (Futures), I automatically went to a quad setup on my new Timber Tek Baked Potato (FCS). Given the different fin systems on the different boards, I couldn't throw the Parko Futures on my BP and went with a set of Q-PC5 FCS fins. I'm not thrilled with the feel of the Q-PC5s and have already ordered an FCS version of the Parko quads. Meantime, I was wondering how the BP goes as a thruster.

Anyone give it a go?

i wish i cud tell u, but mine doesnt have the 5 fin option. i really want to try out the AMT's. FCS wud b the MR w trailer. im not sure when i will, but i'll throw down for a new BP if i come across a 5'7 just to do it

Comment

@philosurfical, I don't see it working as good but i'm kinda curious. Let us know how it goes.

ALOHA!!

Comment

Will do. I was thinking of running the FCS CRV sides and trailer for a session. Next up, back to quads- I'm going to try H2 large fronts with H2 small rears.

Comment

@philosurfical here is a short vid of my 5'1" BP TT as a thruster set up FCS JW-1's
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-iz8mCgtsk

Comment

megsy i had always assumed that you were using a quad in this video! this changes everythign!!!

Comment

You think the machados would go good in the baked? Looking to get a nice set of fins for my chubby chedda and (when i get it) baked timbertek... open to other suggestions! was also thinking of either elevons or kinetic energy parko quad for the baked.... plus a cheeky nubster for when im feeling fruity :p

Comment

Thanks for that, Megsy! Now I'm going to have to play around with my thruster range.

Comment

I tried out the SA-4's as a thruster for the hell of it the other day. It was a high tide holding off beach break running around shoulder high. With the thruster set up, it felt a bit looser and I could slosh the board around more, but it felt like something was missing. I swapped the rear SA-4 out for the Elevons rear quads fins and left the 2 front SA-4s in the front. What a difference! Incredible increase in drive. I could paddle into the wave, do a few S turns and develop the speed I needed to out run the wally sections. SA-4 front with Elevon rears is the ultimate driving machine. Wasn't too impressed with the Spud as a thruster though and I only like the Elevons fronts in small mushy stuff, if they get too much speed it keeps the tail out of the water too much.

Comment

Working...
                  X