X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waves - how small is big enough for the Baked

So, just how small is a small wave when we're talking SP or BP?

Be interested to know what you all consider a small wave.

Obviously size of the wave isn't everything but be interesting to get an idea
    1 2 3

reserves I would say knee high. anything else smaller I would recommend snorkeling or sun bathing! lol

ALOHA!!

Comment

It depends on the quality of the waves really. But typical Cornwall/UK waves I would see no point until it was thigh to waist high. Any smaller and it basically laps onto the sand around here.

Comment

Like Phill said, it depends. If a knee high wave has some form and a little push, then both boards are totally rideable. Onshore winds that cause a small wave to closeout will not be rideable however. I've found that if the wave is longboardable, then you can easily ride the BP and SP out there too.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

I would say that the picture with the long boarder was knee high and rideable on a PN BP and Sw with the right fin setup but that's a small as I would go. Any smaller it's pub time. Or check with the wife to see how the never ending job lies is progressing.

Comment

personally, waist to shoulder high wud b my smallest. otherwise im just angry in the water. even then, lil angry. lol

Comment

haha on a daily basis i'll surf knee to chest high waves with good form. If it is anything under that it is unrideable in NJ without some kind of longish board (8-10')

Comment

Working...
              X