X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP vs Quad Fish - small waves

Hi Guys I ride a 5'11 Chubby FST as my daily drive ... love it. I need something though for 1-3ft grovelling. I loooove twin keel fishes. Can Chris or someone describe for me the different attributes of a 5'5 BP (36ltrs) vs a 5'6 QuadFish (34.7ltrs) as i'm having difficulty choosing - thanks guys

BP will have a more shortboard like performance surfing top to bottom with a tight turning radius. The Quad Fish will surf flatter and more down the line. Maybe more suited to a long point break. In my opinion there's no competition between the potatoes and the quad fish. Potatoes do it all better. Unless of course you really like that fish feel.

Comment

Ta Phil - what board is quicker off the mark and drivier down the line ?? All the footage i've seen of the BP is of guys having to pump and keep wiggling to produce speed .... the quad fish I would imagine would inherintly be quicker without having to do as much work ?? I agree that the BP will turn quicker but I'm more after effortless speed and cruisy turns

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I think the QF will be what you're after then. The Potatoes are fast but I reckon they do like more constant rider input than the QF.

Like Phill is saying, the Potato family was designed with small surf in mind. Yes, the QF will be great in small waves, because that is what fish boards were originally designed to do. What's nice about the BP, however, is that Firewire revolutionized what is possible with small wave surfing through this board. You can take your short board maneuvers and translate them to the BP in a way that makes small waves just as rippable as bigger waves on your CC.
      The QF will give you that classic and familiar fish feel, whereas the BP, or any of the other Potato boards for that matter, will deliver a progressive small wave surfing experience unlike any other. Both great boards, just a question of what you prefer.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

dazbloke potato hands down!

ALOHA!!

Comment

the BP is the way to go. it doesnt take much effort to get going at all. if u can maintain effortless speed w the QF, then ur moving at lightspeed w the BP. the board is just FAST....

Comment

btw, wings on the BP???

Comment

fokaiHI i don't know about wings on the Baked. what about a swallow tail?? haha!

ALOHA!!

Comment

@hawaii_boi... havent seen u out in a while. howzit going. r u Baked now?

Comment

fokaiHI i've been surfing beach park lately. No Baked potato yet...hesitant on shelling out 750 for a Baked RF. If I can find one for 550-6 new or in great cond i would buy it. As for the TT version, it's too back ordered...

When the wind is light or if the swell is good at DH, i'll be there :)

ALOHA!!

Comment

how about the SP? Won't that be really quick down the line?

Comment

Working...
                    X