Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Rasta Quad and F4 Quad for my Baked Potato (5'3" TimberTek). I like the looser feel of these fins which seem great for my weight (160 lbs) and the waves I ride. Someone who weighs more or surfs in better conditions might find that these fins don't have enough hold. I have tried the AM2's but wasn't real impressed and was unable to get the speed and drive I get with the quad set up. I typically surf beach breaks that are either mushy or break really fast down the line. I only use the BP for waves up to chest high.

Comment

• Josh BL
      Josh BL commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm on the same page as JMOside - love my Rastas!

- Firewire Intern Josh

I have a large set of Simon Anderson quads to try. Depending on how they go I'd also like to try the Controllers as well at some stage.

I'm looking for more of a drivey down the line type feel though and I think the Simon's will give me that.

Comment

I just ran a set of large H2 fronts with M3 rears in 3' warbley point waves and OMFG this fin combo worked perfectly in the 5'9" TT. I've got a set of H3 mediums to try as fronts but I could have found the the best fins possible for me at (93-94 kgs). Some of the other sets felt good but this lit the board up like a Christmas tree. Ho ho ho ho!

Comment

Just recently purchased a 5'7" Baked Potato and was hoping to get some input on which fins to get. I'm 6'2" and weigh 200 lbs which makes it a bit harder to get feedback from someone in my range. Intending to use it for small to medium size beach break. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Here's a thread I started (6'1" and 205 lbs) with fin sets I've tried prior to the H2/M3 combo. Will try the CRV's again with a larger rear pair like the M3 next. Controllers are always a good bet if using Futures. http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...-show-you-mine

Comment

H2 and M3 combo.
            http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150...0/707/zw3k.jpg
            next is H2 and H3.
            http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/20/sgrv.jpg

Comment

Anyone try the Elevons quad setup? I'm contemplating a 5'3 BP Rapidfire with Elevons. Mahaloz.

Comment

The Elevons get a good rap from the posters on here.

Comment

Rastovich quad and shapers darc drive...

Comment

• Nelson GoldCoast
                    Nelson GoldCoast commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tested this today and it was awesome!

• Josh BL
                    Josh BL commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Guaranteed fun right there!

That's a good set up Nelson. It's probably already been said, but the stretch quad fins are great. Performance core baby!

Comment

Working...
                  X