Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Rasta Quad and F4 Quad for my Baked Potato (5'3" TimberTek). I like the looser feel of these fins which seem great for my weight (160 lbs) and the waves I ride. Someone who weighs more or surfs in better conditions might find that these fins don't have enough hold. I have tried the AM2's but wasn't real impressed and was unable to get the speed and drive I get with the quad set up. I typically surf beach breaks that are either mushy or break really fast down the line. I only use the BP for waves up to chest high.

Comment

• Josh BL
      Josh BL commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm on the same page as JMOside - love my Rastas!

- Firewire Intern Josh

I have a large set of Simon Anderson quads to try. Depending on how they go I'd also like to try the Controllers as well at some stage.

I'm looking for more of a drivey down the line type feel though and I think the Simon's will give me that.

Comment

I just ran a set of large H2 fronts with M3 rears in 3' warbley point waves and OMFG this fin combo worked perfectly in the 5'9" TT. I've got a set of H3 mediums to try as fronts but I could have found the the best fins possible for me at (93-94 kgs). Some of the other sets felt good but this lit the board up like a Christmas tree. Ho ho ho ho!

Comment

Just recently purchased a 5'7" Baked Potato and was hoping to get some input on which fins to get. I'm 6'2" and weigh 200 lbs which makes it a bit harder to get feedback from someone in my range. Intending to use it for small to medium size beach break. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Here's a thread I started (6'1" and 205 lbs) with fin sets I've tried prior to the H2/M3 combo. Will try the CRV's again with a larger rear pair like the M3 next. Controllers are always a good bet if using Futures. http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...-show-you-mine

Comment

H2 and M3 combo.
            http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150...0/707/zw3k.jpg
            next is H2 and H3.
            http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/20/sgrv.jpg

Comment

Anyone try the Elevons quad setup? I'm contemplating a 5'3 BP Rapidfire with Elevons. Mahaloz.

Comment

The Elevons get a good rap from the posters on here.

Comment

Rastovich quad and shapers darc drive...

Comment

• Nelson GoldCoast
                    Nelson GoldCoast commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tested this today and it was awesome!

• Josh BL
                    Josh BL commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Guaranteed fun right there!

That's a good set up Nelson. It's probably already been said, but the stretch quad fins are great. Performance core baby!

Comment

Hey Cuttlefish. New to the quad thing. When you run M3 rears, are you using side fins or actual symmetrical rear fins??

Comment

I'm totally stoked to get a 5'9" BP. I've 220lbs, 6'5", and 46 years old. I'm debating between an AM2 quad, AM2 thruster, or Quad Controlers, but will have to try them all to see how they ride.

Comment

• justo
                        justo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'd definitely recommend a quad on this board. Fun placement is optimised for it. I have the ...lost MB2 5 fin set. I run it as a quad and it's fantastic. I'm keen to try the controllers, but think they may feel a little too different.

Has anyone tried the AM2 fronts with the Controller rears? or the AM2 quad setup with or without a nub?

Comment

Been having a lot of fun on my 5'9 BP with Futures F8 Blackstix 3.0 as a quad set up (up to shoulder high so far). Also got a Shapers Darc Drive but I haven't needed to use it yet.

Comment

I'm 6.1" and 180 lbs on a 5.3 timbertek.

Best set up i've found is stretch sf4's quads (also run them in my 5.9 UNI) only really surf the BP in not very powerful beach breaks upto head high. They have enough speed to get me through most situations, i can hack the shit out of the board on top turns and throw that tail, can get enough control for the odd cutback, its still slidey as hell, but i like that and if you change your surfing to the board, which i feel you have to do with the BP, SP etc... then you can integrate the slideyness into your surfing when on that board.

I tried the MR TRX's (they are BiiiiiiiG Fins!) in the front and sf4 rears and hated it, it felt too stiff and not loose enough, ruined it for me so took them straight out after 4 waves.

I tried K2.1 thruster set up, again didnt like it, not enough speed for the conditions i take the board out in.

i suppose its all down to how you want to surf the BP, if you want to stiffen it up then big ass fins in the front. But i think that ruins what the board was made to do.

Comment

Working...
                          X