X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP vs Biscuit

Hi have a CI Biscuit, but my local shop has a 5'3 Timbertek BP. I have never ridden a quad, but I am interested in getting the BP. Has anyone had a chance to ride both? Any opinions?
    Could the BP replace my 6'3 super fish as well? Thanks.

quads r fun. the BP can b part of a 2 board quiver. i believe u wud run it 4-6" smaller than the biscuit.

Comment

• MikShmig
      MikShmig commented
      Editing a comment
      The biscuit is a 5'6, so I will look at a 5'3 BP. I think one will replace the other and I'll keep the Fish. The biscuit is fast but I am thinking the BP will turn better. Thanks

Yes I have 6'3" CI Biscuit and have ridden it for a couple of years and recently got a Baked Potato 5'9" . Loved riding the biscuit in anything up to 3 to 4 foot (maybe bigger if full and slow) and am slowly adapting to BP but I don't think I'll ride it above 3 foot. I (only had 3 sessions on BP) cannot find my feet. It is me being spooked by tiny board and flat rocker, not board! The angle above rail that removes thickness is a little funny when pushing up and I think I'm just over thinking it. The BP is fast and responds quickly - floats across dead sections. Is it as good as Biscuit??? I would like to say yes but the Biscuit drives of bottom (thruster) and my BP is currently set up as quad. I need a few more surfs to compare but I think the BP may be a real small wave board but I'd like to hear other more experienced BP riders views.

Comment

• MikShmig
      MikShmig commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info Jambo. I am just not sure if it is necessary for me to have both because the BP would be almost the same size as the Biscuit and should surf the same types of waves. I can't demo the board , so if I buy it, I would sell the board that I didn't need (no doubt at a good loss). The biscuit is quickly becoming my everyday board over my 6'3 fish.
      Drop me a line if you ever sort out your BP and which one you think is better.
      Thanks Man

• MikShmig
      MikShmig commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info Jambo. I am just not sure if it is necessary for me to have both because the BP would be almost the same size as the Biscuit and should surf the same types of waves. I can't demo the board , so if I buy it, I would sell the board that I didn't need (no doubt at a good loss). The biscuit is quickly becoming my everyday board over my 6'3 fish.
      Drop me a line if you ever sort out your BP and which one you think is better.
      Thanks Man

I'll keep that in mind but already have a couple of people saying the same thing as the timber looks very nice. I looked at a bigger BP but it seemed too thick. Now the spring is here then I'll have plenty of crappy swell to ride - maybe even get my feet right. I reckon it is the placing fins further back and I'm just not finding the sweet spot in time on small waves!

Comment

Working...
    X