Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Sorry, One more what size question! 85kilo intermediate. 5.11 too big?? thanks Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, One more what size question! 85kilo intermediate. 5.11 too big?? thanks

Hi Guys,
    Got a friend who needs some opinions on his board choice. He is 85kilo intermediate surfer in north devon surfing a slow crumbly wave most of the time. He usually rides a 6.2 fish type board. He gets in the water whenever there is swell. He really likes the sound of the Baked for a go to board all year round. It is mostly for knee to head high with the occasional head and a half but still really slow and crumbly. He thinks he should be getting a 5.11? I think 5.9 or 5.7 or smaller ? Any advice from you guys riding these much appreciated. I think he's concerned about wave count.

cheers in advance

5'7 should be plenty I reckon.

Comment

Hey thanks Phill,
      Forgot to mention hes 6ft 4. Does this make a differnence?

Comment

You could even go for the 5'5" if you feel confident enough

Comment

Yeah if he's. 6'4 I would've go any smaller than. 5'7. I'm 6'0 on a 5'3

Comment

The nice thing about the BP is that you can go significantly shorter than your standard hpsb (usually out of your comfort zone shorter) and it will most likely be perfect then.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

greyhound 5'5 to 5'7 should be OK. I ride a 5'3 at 175 lbs. If i ride a 5'5 it paddles like a longboard and I can catch anything but when the waves are head high+ it's sometimes hard to duck dive.

ALOHA!!

Comment

I'm 6'4" and a little lighter in weight then your friend. I have the 5'7" BP and it works like a dream.

Comment

Id recommend trying before buying. beg borrow or steal.

Comment

beginner. Same size/weight as you and ride the 5'7. Think the size is spot on

Comment

Working...
                    X