Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
is the baked potato a good first shortboard for a newbie (2 years on minimal) ? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the baked potato a good first shortboard for a newbie (2 years on minimal) ?

Hey dudes and dudettes,

I need some advise my gf has a minimal (7.2) and she has improved a lot these last few weeks she has an average of 10/15 waves count per session when conditions are small (up to 3ft) and clean. However she has issues getting outback on strong onshore conditions been based in the UK this is very frequent. She cannot really duck dive her own board as it has too much buoyancy. I think she might be ready for a shortboard: something with a lot of volume but that can still be duck dive. I looked around and the Baked potato looks good, what do you surfer think for someone that 5.4ft tall and 62kg ?

Cheers

for her to be able to duck dive it would have to be a very small potato. < 5'5 I'd guess. I think a Dominator would be a safer bet and more user friendly board for her.

Comment

i would say for a BP shel struggle with the massive drop in length and flatness especially for finding the balance point when paddling and getting up... get here to have a go on a few of your boards maybe??! dom would be a good bet tho as a great allrounder... demo if you can! good luck!

Comment

Agree

Comment

Working...
        X