X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More speed?

Have the 5'7 TT BP with AM2 quads. I'm ~82kg and 6'2ft tall.. Love the board so far but it feels a bit slower compared to my 6'2 Spitfire in RF the 6'4 DOM that I had before that.. It's super stable but sometimes dont really generate the same speed I get on my SF. How can I get more speed from the board in small stuff. What fins should I be looking at ?

I've always thought that the Future Controllers went really well in these... Perhaps look at a more upright fin, or using rear Tow surfing fins. Iggy could be a good person to ask on this (from memory)

Comment

Yeah controllers work well, i use the controller rears with a larger set of twin front fins, either the AMT or MR TFX.

Comment

I really like my Rastovich quads with my PN. I get tons of speed with that setup so I'm sure they would work well on the BP too. Also, you can check out this thread on which quads to choose: http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...et-up-for-quad

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

I really like this set up on my 5'7" White RF BP its fast, awsome hold, releases the rail easy for super big cut backs. Love it!!
          Jordy L & controller rears MAGIC......
          Last edited by Pjr808; 10-15-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Comment

Pjr808 that looks like a sweet setup. That just inspired me to try my Jordys with my Rastovich fins with my PN...yeeew can't wait!

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

If you want to go fast the above suggestions are good. If you want to go even faster put 2 tab twin keel fins (full size, single foil keels) and the board will fly. To get hold in the tail you can run knubsters in the rear plugs. The big keels give the drive for out of the gate speed.

Comment

This fin set up was also really good in my old BP. Takayama halo fins

Comment

Would glass T1 in the front (from a twin set) work well with trailing AM2's ? The T1's are very big (~20 sqc)

Comment

Working...
                    X