X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked or V2 Rocket

So Im about to break the news to my Darlin that I need to buy another board more suited towards average summer conditions.
    I already have the 62 Mini Driver and Im selling the 58 Potatonator to finance the next addition. My plan is to eventually have the Baked and V2 in my quiver to complement the MD
    But...which one do I get first? The Baked or the V2?
    It aint a big dilemma but I would still like to hear your opinions!

I vote Baked! Had the V2 in 6'0 fst and did not really like it. Could be my (lack of) ability. I wanted a to try a board with less volume but should probably have gone for something with more rocker to complement my 6'2 SF (RapidFire). The 6'2 SF was easier and more fun for waist-head conditions and I could not really grovel the V2 in really tiny waves due to volume. Maybe a 6'2 would have been better. Borrowed a friends Sub Scorcher 6'2 and thought it was similar to the V2 in some ways.

Now I have a 5'7 BP for 1-2ft and I love it. SF for 2ft-4ft and looking for for a 3rd board for 4ft+ .. not sure if the UB, MD or HF is a better choice for a beginner, but will create a separate thread for that :)

Comment

I would agree with snow crash regarding getting the baked first if summer is coming and you feel that an uber groveller is required. But if the summer waves have punch and are shoulder to head high go the v2. I have both Goanna and a Md and it's a great wee quiver. The v2 would chew the PN up and spit it out on performance but not on super low end grovel ability. Criss Ward uses his as an every day board.

Comment

• Goanna
        Goanna commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought you'd chime in soon morgs - I noticed you and I have very similar taste in boards

• pmorgan
        pmorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        If you go down you planed quiver road,we will have the same boards lol.

I really like the look of the V2...looks like an updated spitfire.

Comment

• Goanna
        Goanna commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a 5'8" SP once and as much as it was insane fun it was way too big for me. I'll be looking at the 5'5" Baked at this stage

BTW there is a 5'8 SP on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161125586...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

Iv'e been looking at the V2 and wonder how it compares with the el fuego I currently have a TT baked which i love and an el fuego which i have kept hold of while selling a spitfire, dominator,and sub scorcher.I call the elff my bridesmaid I like it but don't totaly love if i took two boards to the beach I would often take out the other board then come in and swap for the elff. im looking for some thing with a bit more rocker for the steeper days so im tossing up between UB or V2, MD combo

Comment

• Goanna
          Goanna commented
          Editing a comment
          That's why I ike the V2 as it reminds me a lot of the El Fuego I used to have - loved that board!

This morning! Happily surprised with how BP went in this size with T1 twins and AM2 trailers :) Left the SF on the beach..

Comment

I am always amazed with the BP I have had mine out in similar sized surf and it went insane. But i think the V2 would have killed it in that lol.

Comment

I too vote BP. In terms of small wave/ summer surfing, the BP, or any of the "potato" boards for that matter, is unparalleled.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Well I've decided on the 5'5" baked Potato for now.
              The way I see it once I know what the upper limits of the BP are - it will help me decide what board slots in between it and the MD with as little cross over as possible.

Comment

Working...
              X