X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP size input needed please

Alright just signed up on the forum after lurking around a bit. Someone please give me some advice. I surf a pretty crappy windswell, mushy, crumbly wave. We do get some punchy stuff though from time to time. I weigh in at 142lbs and am 5'9. I bought a 5'7 bp. It was fun but boatish and tossed me around sitting on it. I just sold it. I know I need to go shorter, but my question is how short to go. I still want it to be able to paddle into these waves easy, but I want it to be easy to throw around. Trying to decide is really killing me. Is a 5'5 still to big for me? if so would the 5'3 still float me good enough to ease into waves and still increase my wave count to have fun? What you guys riding? How does it float you? Anyone around my size that can shed some light. Id be very much appreciated.

I forgot to add that the normal conditions out here are knee to thigh give or take. usually a good drop in and a few second ride, sometimes got to work a bit to get into sections. Im small but in pretty good shape.

Comment

You will be able to ride a 503. It is deceiving how short you can go on the BP and have it still work, but it's thickness and width allow for the smaller board size.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh BL View Post
        You will be able to ride a 503. It is deceiving how short you can go on the BP and have it still work, but it's thickness and width allow for the smaller board size. - Firewire Intern Josh
        Thanks josh I really appreciate your feedback. I think I read every thread in this section about peoples body weight, and what they should be riding haha. I think ill order that one. Now ill go back through and re read to find the best fin set up for my weight and smaller conditions.

Comment

Working...
        X