X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked tator future fin set up for the lighter guys

About to order the 5'3 baked. Ive been reading threads on yalls fin set ups. I even read the fin school section on futures website. Flex, foil, depth...its like another language. Im sittin pretty light at 142lbs, and typicaly ride a wind chop beach break sandbar break. 2ft-4ft is most common. its my 1st quad. Just want to getb some ideas of what is working for yall. The other baked I had was too big for me. The guy at the shop gave me some basic Q1s I think. Everytime id go up to the lip id loose momentum. And couldnt get going back down the line. I need something to get me going speed wise, lateral up and down the face, and lets me release at the lip and carry momentum. Something flexy maybe? To sling shot me off the lip? Enough hold to get speed and pivot?

F4 quads should be plenty IMO. Go Blackstix if you want that flex and inside foil.

Comment

Hey Phill, how are you liking your new Baked Potato? Honestly.

Comment

I've only ridden it twice... I like the feel of the TT under foot but haven't been blown away by the board yet. Felt a bit lacking drive compared to my Vanguard in waves that I know the Vanguard would have been fun in. I've bought some bigger fins so will try again when the waves are right. I definitely prefer the foil of the BP over the SP. The rails and tail feel much better, but I think the wider nose and tail of the SP gave it that more parallel rail line making it have a similar drive and projection on rail as the Vanguard has. I haven't felt that with the BP yet, but there's no doubt that it turns better and holds in better.
        Trade off's I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Phill View Post
          F4 quads should be plenty IMO. Go Blackstix if you want that flex and inside foil.
          cool ill have to check those out then phill. Now as far as template size I should be looking for the smaller to medium sized fins correct? I think I saw a video saying longer fins are for the bigger taller guys? Could be wrong though

Comment

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I'd look at the biggest fins in the smaller range or the smaller ones in the medium range. Extra fin won't hurt on the wider tail of the BP. EA quads, or Rasta quads could work really well for you.

Originally posted by csarqui View Post
          Hey Phill, how are you liking your new Baked Potato? Honestly.
          Have you picked one up or gotten a chance to demo one yet?

Comment

Working...
          X