Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5ft11 or 6ft1

I am 5'7 and slim weighting 56kg
    I only surf 3 month of the year while I spend the time in Morocco and have only been surfing for 4 years.

I have a 6ft9 board and a 6ft1 19 3/4 which is quite narrow for me. I struggle a bit to catch waves as I feel it doesn't give enough floating for me, but once I catch a waves it is all fun. surfing with the 6'9 is easy but I feel that I can't do much with it as it is too big for me and I struggle to duck diver since I am so light.

Surfing with the 6'1 I always felt that it is perhaps the right size but to narrow and not thick enough. So i have been looking for a small but wide board that gives me more floating while paddling and to catch waves. I am not a pro, but I can catch waves and ride them.

What would be the difference to duck dive, paddling, floating be, between the 5'11 and 6'1 baked potato? I am not good with this technical aspect of boards.

Thank you

I don't think there would be much difference, you wouldn't be able to duck dive either. I'd look at the Potatonator, Dominator and maybe the Unibrow.

Comment

Both are waaaaaaaayyyyyyy too big for you. I'd ride a 509 or 511 and I'm 6'3" and 100kg. You won't be able to surf them. You should look at a 506 potatonator or 508 dominator.

Comment

Agree with Phil and Justo. I'm the same size as Justo and have the 511 BP which feels pretty right.

Comment

Thank you guys I will look at the potatonator one.

Comment

Working...
          X