X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st ride on my 5'3 baked

Just got my new TT baked potato in last week, and finally we get a little bump today. it was a bout 2ft give or take, mostly take today. Honestly thought I wasnt going to be able to get into anything as I was worried about the 32L of the board. I had a blast though!! I know my wave count was pretty high. It paddled so well into everything. I had a few fun workable waves with some good sections. But pretty much everything I paddled for I got into. So my overall thoughts are that it floats me suprisingly well, paddles like a dream, and has good drive and feel to it. I cant imagine how fun id be on a knee high+ day with some power!

Sounds like you had a win with the Baked there Brownsoup! What is your height and weight?

Comment

Glad to hear you're digging the TT BP, and thanks for the feedback for others on the forum to read and get excited about!

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Another Josh in my club rode his 5'3 to great effect into the open finals, smooth as Curren radical as Bertleman, rode piddlers all the way to the sand. Certainly got me thinking...perfect for the low end grovel.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoop-a-loop View Post
          Sounds like you had a win with the Baked there Brownsoup! What is your height and weight?
          yea had a blast considering the conditions. Im 5'9 and 150lbs. And running the fcs v2's. I think I could have went 5'1 but the extra float is good to have around these parts!

Comment

most werent strong enough to ride in, but some would break, mush up, and if you could keep pumping enough you were able to catch the reform and take it in, I wasnt very far out though. Id say It did pretty well for being out there with sup's and longboards! I did ride a 5'7 tt baked. And that was a longboard to me, way too much volume for my size. It caught everything and floated me on top of the water pretty much but the ride itself was too boaty.

Comment

The BP is truly a skateboard for the water and so fun in small surf - an essential board to bring to every surf check in my opinion.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

• Matt_s
                Matt_s commented
                Editing a comment
                What size do you ride josh? Your a similar weight to me, I'v been loving the 5'3 but always wondering about the 5'1....

• Josh BL
                Josh BL commented
                Editing a comment
                I currently enjoy taking out my PN on small days and that is a 504, but I will ride a 503 BP.

- Firewire Intern Josh

First surf on my 5'5" TT BP this morning. Clean little 1-2ft runners big on shape, small on power. I got 4 quick waves and loved it!
              I'm running large Simon Anderson Quads and thinking about a knubster as well.
              It really is a skateboard but I love how when you direct it down the line it accelerates instantly.
              Floated my 95kg very well, nice and easy to my feet on these small waves.
              A whole lotta fun!

Comment

Hi, I have a TT BP 5'3'', would like to sell it to buy the 5'5'' because I'm 84KG. anyone interested?

I'm located in Sydney Australia.

The conditions of the board are practically new, selling just the board with no fins.
                Last edited by maxcap; 12-09-2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X