X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LFT Baked Potato?

Hi Guys, this looks like some really interesting technology! Will theses boards float more or less? Lighter or heavier when compared to other techs? Will these boards be more or less durable? What kind of flex characteristics can we expect especially with the BP? Are these out yet, if so, can anyone who has ridden one and other techs share any comparison feedback? Lastly, what about price, are these more expensive and by how much? I would love to get one and have held out until FW came out with a BP in FST. Now, I'm really intrigued by the LFT technology especially how it rides. It seems Like FST only better! Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

i expect it to be very much like RF but with an improved flex management using the composite stringer instead of carbon rods. not sure if having the stiffest point down the centre is a backwards step compared to the usual 'parabolic' stringers. we'll find out when more people get to ride them i guess.

Comment

• K24Surfer
      K24Surfer commented
      Editing a comment
      OK Phill, Thanks! I guess they aren't out yet then. I agree with you though on the stringer as to me that's one of the myriad of selling points of these boards is the pop flex you get out of turns. It is looking more like this type of technology is trying get closer to the standard PU ride with the memory of epoxy

Is the LFT baked potato available now in the US or Hawaii? If not can I pre-order it?

Comment

I am thinking to order one as well.
      Does anyone know will be come out at California, US?
      Does BP combine LFT with Timbertek ?

Comment

• Josh BL
        Josh BL commented
        Editing a comment
        LFT (Linear Flex Technology) and Timbertek are two different techs, so no they cannot be combined. The advantage of different techs is a different board feel.

I am not quite sure when the LFT BP will arrive, but if you pre-order one you will get it sooner than waiting for it to hit retail. But yes, it will be available in the US.

- FIJ

Thanks Josh BL! It's there any general pricing information out about the LFT, will it cost about the same as Rapidfire? About the same as FST? Etc... Mahalo!

Comment

• Phill
        Phill commented
        Editing a comment
        From the sounds of the there's LFT with bamboo skins and with white skins depending on the board models. I think the BP has the bamboo skin, if that's what you meant by TT+LFT.

Best would be to hit up your local retailer as there are slight variations from shop to shop and country to country, etc.

- FIJ

Comment

thanks but i'm just wondering about ballpark figures, i have only bought and ridden rapidfire tech and i love the lower price. so i am hoping the LFT tech will be similar to the rapidfire price-wise since i guess it supposed to be the replacement tech.

Comment

So, would people be going for Timbertek or LFT on the baked... ?

I know LFT is 'newer'

Comment

biggest differences:
            TT: a touch heavier, a touch more cruisey, a more even flex, more durable
            LFT: a touch lighter, perhaps a bit more high performance and a faster rate of return on the flex, a bit less durable on rails and bottom.

both are loved, choose to suit!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X