X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'11 Timbertek

I was curious if anyone is having fun on a 5'11 BP? I read bigger than 5'9, the board doesn't really work as intended. I am 6'3 230lbs and I am torn between a 509 and 511. My daily rider is a 510 SP which I love 70% of the time. I think I would love a BP 100 percent, 95% of the time :).

No local demos on the horizon and I want one...now ;).

Thanks for any feedback.

I'm about your size at 6'2" 240#. I traded in my 5-11 TT BP for a 5-9 RF BP. The 5-11 was super floaty, like you were *on* the water instead of in it. The 5-9 gave me the more skatey feel that was intended. That being said, it depends on what you're after: 5-11 for easy paddling and ultra-grovel from the outside, or 5-9 for quick, snappy rides down the line.

Comment

Well...I've decided to wait for a demo.. I am afraid the 5'11 will be too bulky. And Due to back injury, I am worried about paddling a 5'9 like It needs to be paddled. I really wish there was a 5'10. Thanks for the feedback esteeb!

Comment

• BFILK
        BFILK commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you feel the 5'10 SP is overvolumed for you? If the volume is perfect, the 5'11 will be the right call. Although given you already have the SP (I assume you are keeping this) you will most likely ride the SP in the slop and the BP when its cleaner/larger right? In that case you could get away with the 5'9. I feel like unless you are getting rid of the SP the 5'11 BP is a lot of overlap with your current board.

I'm 6 ft 195 pounds and usually ride boards around the 35 l mark. Almost two years ago I took a chance on a 5'11 RF BP, deliberately over sizing hoping to ditch my longboard when the waves get small and gutless during summer. It felt horrible at first. Was floating super high and felt it didn't paddle well. But i got used to it after a few sessions and also found some better fins. Pretty soon it worked :) so much more fun than a longboard. Incredibly fast and it lets me SURF crappy waves rather than just cruising along wishing I could do manouvers. Granted, snaps are not really sharp but it loves to go highline before some really long cutbacks. With a little timing and precision I compete with longboarders. If It were to function as anything else than über groveller, I would definetely go smaller, probably 5'7. Having both SP and BP at similar volumes makes for a weird quiver, maybe?

Comment

The 5'10" sweet potato works really well for me and I've had the 5'8" and the 6'er. However I bought a 5'11" tt baked to get the same volume as the sweet potato 5'10" and after a while changed it to the 5'9".
        Lost no appreciable paddleability and it feels much better surfing it. Gives a much more connected feel on the wave.

Comment

ok, A friend just bought the 6-1 FST Baked Pot.. he is a Beginner, and loves the board. so easy to ride.. I have not ridden it yet..
          I am 195/200 pds 6 foot 6 inches. 50 yo.upper end Intermediate Surfer.. usually ride a 6-4 dom, 6-3 activator, 6-4 Hell fire but need that uber groveler for those completely sheety days where the longboarders and SUPS rule.

any suggestions? I am Thinking either the 5-11 or the 5-9

Comment

• BFILK
            BFILK commented
            Editing a comment
            5'9 Baked and you'll be stoked

• Fritzkat
            Fritzkat commented
            Editing a comment
            5-9? Loved the 6-1 super floaty, made me feel like I was on the volume of a long board. rode knee high waves to ankle high, I was just getting used to The board, no big turns/cutbacks yet... . will a 5-9 be enough to do that? I am 195 pounds 6 foot 6 inches tall

I'm 6'4 215/220 depending on the day and I'd get a 5'9 BP, If the 6'1 felt super floaty ("corky") then it was too big for you. The ideal size for these guys is small so you can get that skatey feel. If you're looking for a boat to ride in longboard waves, you might be happier w/the Sweet in 5'10 or 6'0. The BP is more performance oriented and you want to make sure you don't over vol it. If your dom feels good at 41/42 L then the 5'9 BP at nearly 44L should be perfect. The 5'11 is 47L which you'll have no problem catching waves on, but you will lose some of that skatey, whip-around performance. I have a 6'0 SP that I literally use in ankle/thigh high. If I was to get a BP it would be for thigh to chest and I'd get a 5'9.

Comment

Working...
          X