Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Newsflash...Baked potatoes on the menu in Australia BBQ's now. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, but I'm not sure about the ripping part. Sometimes the back and knees don't want to do what they used to, but things seem to go well enough on most waves. As I get older, I want to go fast more than anything else, and Firewire has been helping me do that since the first Dan Mann twin fishes! Thanks, Firewire!

Comment

Hey Pagey, I m waiting on a 5'3 baked - can you tell me what fins you used. I was thinking of controllers (based on the feedback on the sweet) but was wondering what you were using?

Comment

scotty the controllers are great fins. They have a lot of positive area and drive. Nice and fast. They aren't super free such as fins like SF4s or K2.1s so go with the controllers if you want down the lines speed. Go with a smaller fin if you want to do little spins and other tail free maneuvers...

Comment

Scotty, I can't recommend the Controllers enough. Drive, speed, and plenty loose. I have gone through lots of expensive trial and error. Chris is right, as usual.

Comment

Thanks Guys for the feedback. Appreciate it. I may try the controllers first and look at some other fins later.

Scotty

Comment

Hey - just thought I'd let you know the board turned up today - can't pick it up until tomorrow. The guys at Slimes told me that it is a 5 fin board. Sweet - (I thought it was going to be a quad looking at the photos on this site) can't wait to try it out and can mix up the fins a bit with the quad/thruster set-up. There is no swell around this weekend but will go for a grovel over the weekend after I pick it up. Pagey is yours a 5 finner as well???.

Scotty
              Last edited by Scotty; 06-21-2012, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Fingers crossed that isn't a Potatonator then Scotty!

Comment

All Sweet and Baked Potatoes are quads.

Comment

On the website they re a quad, but they re turning up in aus with a five fin set up. I just sold my sweet p and picked one up, using the rasta fins......but will have to invest in a futures thruster set. Any ideas which would go best? The five fin set up is an unexpected bonus!

Comment

That is cool!

I'm not sure how well that wide tail will work as a thruster, i'm thinking quad plus nubster as a better option

Comment

Unless I just bought a 5"3x21 1/4x 2 3/8 potatonator with a baked potato sticker on it!

Comment

That would be a one of a kind!

Comment

Originally posted by JaM71 View Post
                            On the website they re a quad, but they re turning up in aus with a five fin set up. I just sold my sweet p and picked one up, using the rasta fins......but will have to invest in a futures thruster set. Any ideas which would go best? The five fin set up is an unexpected bonus!
                            Probably have more success with the FAMT's (The Black Merrick twins) and trailer like I use in my p'nator.
                            If you want to try it as a thruster just get a cheap centre fin, either buy or loan one from a surf shop.
                            I was having fun with the EA blackstix and deviant fin until the last huge swell followed by lake-like conditions.

Comment

Hey i was a bit worried after prjwebbs post that it may have been the potatonator especially when it is a quad on the website - it is definately the baked with 5 fins and it goes great. On my 1st two surfs it picks up waves better than the sweet even though it is basically the same volume as the 52 sweet. So far lovin it and cant wait 2 have a few more surfs - goes, turns, and paddles well for a small wave board - think it will get better with a few more surfs.

Comment

Yeah guys the baked potato was initially designed to be a quad and we made the running change to add a center fin so all of them being built currently have 5 fins.

Hoe this helps!!

Comment

Working...
                                X