Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience with the Bamboo deck (on my first Spitfire) was on par with a PU board. It seemed very soft and there wasn't much deck left that didn't have a pressure ding on it. But I am very rough on my boards.

Comment

It doesn't help if you're a big unit.
      That's the thing with forums.
      One guy (a lightweight) can be commenting and saying how they only have "light heel denting" or "deck is still perfect" and then a heavyweight can be be putting big footwells in the same kind of deck.
      That's why we all should fill in our stats.
      If only I could figure out how to do it.
      For me, the fst is the stronger option at my weight (92kgs), when chasing durability.

Comment

Tried to update my profile.
        Don't know if it worked?
        Test. test. One two three.
        Cheecckk, one, two, cheecckk!
        Bugger....Fail!
        Try again.
        Last edited by cuttlefish; 07-07-2012, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Need to turn on your signature Pete.

Comment

I've got it sorted.....I think.

Comment

Sorted!

Comment

And with my fin preferences too.
                Not a bad idea eh?

Comment

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
                  It doesn't help if you're a big unit.
                  That's the thing with forums.
                  One guy (a lightweight) can be commenting and saying how they only have "light heel denting" or "deck is still perfect" and then a heavyweight can be be putting big footwells in the same kind of deck.
                  That's why we all should fill in our stats.
                  If only I could figure out how to do it.
                  For me, the fst is the stronger option at my weight (92kgs), when chasing durability.
                  I agree with this. Its FST only for me...If the BP was made in FST I would have already bought one. Chris..is the BP definitely coming in FST or is it still a "MAYBE" right now????

Comment

Ive been planing on getting a Sweet potato but after what I've seen/read on the baked potato, i think it looks like the go...but I'm like a few other guys here, Id only buy it in FST...its a no lose situation in FST, if the board is a keeper it will last, or if after 6 months you decided to move it on and sell it just give it a good clean up and you have an almost brand new board to sell.

Comment

I've had a good chat to JaM71 and a trusted staffer from my local surf shop about their baked experiences and I'm going to wait.
                      To salve my pain I'm going to get another fst sweet potato in 5'10" to tide me over. Had another ride in dribbly 1' point waves yesterday on the 5'10" and found it a lot easier to catch waves and run over the really dead sections compared to my 5'8". The 5'8" is still a blast in 2-4" waves if I don't have too much of a crowd to contend with.
                      The sweet will still be my uber grovellor because I will still take the sweet potato and the potatonator and be ready for everything in the sub 5' range for my locale.

Comment

Think I would wait for FST too, had two Spitfire's and creased one then sold the other after 6 months whille it was still worth some coin. Love the look and feel of them though, especially in smaller surf. On the other hand if it lasts a year then atleast you get the stoke of buying a new one when its on its last legs :-)

Comment

Come on Chris..gives us poor suffering FW fans the news (good or bad) will the BP be definitively coming out in FST? and if so when?

Comment

I don't have an exact answer for you but like a few boards in the past, we had to push back the release of the second tech by a few months.

Cheers!!

Comment

I am very happy with my Baked Potato in RapidFire. Glad I didn't deprive myself of all this fun just because of a construction preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                I don't have an exact answer for you but like a few boards in the past, we had to push back the release of the second tech by a few months.

Cheers!!
                                Ok ... so definitely coming but we have to wait a while ?? Dont mind holding off if I know its coming. By the way is W RF going to be as strong or stronger than regular RF??? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X