X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't be disappointed.
    A more hp spud ride is not to be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by indodreaming View Post
      http://www.naturalnecessity.com.au/s...SURFBOARD.html

I see baked potatoes in FST are advertised as coming soon at natural necessity good, to see the price between RF and FST is only around the $100 mark also, which is good as in US I noticed there isn't as big difference in price between tech as there is in OZ.

Tempted to order one but think you have to pay now and misus will kill me, but might be worth it.
      Dont be so sure the Baked Potato is DEFINITELY coming out in FST. I was at FW headquarters last week back and forth for a couple of days and all they have been told is it MAY be next year but there are other models coming out as a priority. Its why I bought a White RF rather than wait...I would rather FST but there is no guarantee its coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
        Dont be so sure the Baked Potato is DEFINITELY coming out in FST. I was at FW headquarters last week back and forth for a couple of days and all they have been told is it MAY be next year but there are other models coming out as a priority. Its why I bought a White RF rather than wait...I would rather FST but there is no guarantee its coming out.
        Gotta see a pic of this WRF Baked?? sounds awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
          You won't be disappointed.
          A more hp spud ride is not to be missed.
          I'm so 2010 :(

Comment

i want to know what new models are coming!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
              I'm so 2010 :(
              I'm probably mistaken but I thought FW-fan had sold off his sweet potato/es so directed at him.
              I reckon for those happy with their sweet potatoes there's no need to replace it with a baked.
              But....many will anyway.
              Just look at Ipads.
              :-)<

Comment

Yeah I won't be changing mine.
                Wrote off the large H2 fronts and K2.1 fronts as rears setup the other day. Stupidly fast in a straight line on a steeper wave but in smaller, weaker stuff it was very slow off the mark, really sticky when getting the board moving rail to rail and stiff as hell to turn.
                Trying the H2 fronts with the SF4 rears next. Might end up with pure freeby SF4s after all this...

Comment

Another surf in 2-3' clean point waves and the baked potato with the Robber (AMT) fronts and controller rears continue to impress me with how good they feel.
                  Not sure how I could make the board go any better than it does with this fin combo.
                  A day of high and and a little speed bump low.
                  Copped some abuse from a female longboarder who dropped into me and and late in the wave decided to fade (she had no idea I was on the wave behind her) just as I had done a pump for speed into a top turn. I'd been happily going top to bottom behind her as she trimmed straight along on the shoulder out in front of me out. Caught me a little off guard and I actually fell off trying to avoid her and our boards touched.
                  She straight away gave me an earful (maybe she thought I'd tried flicking my board at her) for hitting "her" and dropping in on her.
                  Fortunately the Southpoint Bonga Perkins she was riding would need to be thrown off a three storey building to ding it (unbeknownst to her apparently) and luckily my new baked was unscathed.
                  First collision in the water I've had in a couple of years too.
                  Then another male longboarder paddling past and decided he should berate me as well.
                  I was told by him I should go surf the beachies since I was on a shortboard.
                  Not well received by me since I ride all manner of craft.
                  Fortunately I had a longboard on the car so let him know I'd happiy go and get it if I wanted but Nah...was having too much fun on the baked.
                  Later saw one of the sweet potato riders (5'10") who was shocked when I made one fast section on the baked (I was too actually) and it's done his head in because now he wants a baked too.
                  :-)

Comment

arhh northcoast points on a weekend, gota luv em. mostly full of self congratulating mal/sup riders (im not going to say old cuas there is plenty of younger ones two) that hoot them selves into waves only to regale the story to there mates later on how impressive there performance was..........when snap back to reality most of the time they cant string a bottom and top turn together, Burn people (even there own kind) at will and bail there boards with no regard for others (usually in in dangerous situations). And no a straw hat, jeans and a flano(or combination thereof) as a surf attire fails to impress me as much as your leg rope around your knee........arrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhha i can go on and on and on but i wont, so to all those guys and gals that rip on mals, hats off caus there is nothing better then seeing a 9'+ board being ridden like a short board, and to the rest of you mal/sup tards out there, it better to just shut your mouth when you f@#k up. by the way i also ride a mal

sorry for the rant but having nearly been mowed down buy an out of control sup and burnt buy a healthy selection of mal riders i needed to vent,

Cuttle good to hear the bp is working out,is the bp looser with the robbers, then the standard controller set?

My sweet p/future controllers performed well in the 2-4 point waves as it has previously but had none of the sliding out which had hindered me last time, have not given the injury long enough as i missed many waves unable to paddle at 100% but its getting there.

suncoast
                    Last edited by suncoastslop; 07-23-2012, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttlefish View Post
                      I'm probably mistaken but I thought FW-fan had sold off his sweet potato/es so directed at him.
                      I reckon for those happy with their sweet potatoes there's no need to replace it with a baked.
                      But....many will anyway.
                      Just look at Ipads.
                      :-)<
                      100% disagree. The SP is a much more clumsy and awkward board than the BP. Having ridden the SP's extensively and then getting on the BP...It was night and day. FW didnt make the changes without reason.

Comment

Don't say that!

Comment

That little incident happened this morning (Monday).
                          It was actually much more full on crowd wise Thur/Fri/Mon as all the 9am club are a very sizeable contingent.
                          Sunday was way more relaxed.
                          Re fins: With Robber fronts/controller rears still got all the drive of the controllers full set but much more responsive in the turns and I can choose to carve in a cutback or let the tail slide with ease wheras the full controllers had more of the twin keel feel.
                          Last edited by cuttlefish; 07-23-2012, 05:31 AM.

Comment

100% disagree. The SP is a much more clumsy and awkward board than the BP. Having ridden the SP's extensively and then getting on the BP...It was night and day. FW didnt make the changes without reason.
                            I suppose my viewpoint is skewed from surfing the sweet potato on high tide, soft point waves (hence packed with longboarders) which rarely show the clumsiness that you've experienced.
                            Rode a 9'4" longboard yesterday (Sunday) and that's what felt really clumsy after a few days on the baked.
                            The sweet potato is super popular around here.
                            The baked is just further evolution of the Simmons based design for me and I'm happy to be getting amongst it on one.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                              Don't say that!
                              sorry mate but its pretty obvious isn't it? It was for me the first wave I had on a BP. I think the BP will ultimately supersede the SP...just my opinion but I don't see the point of both....sorry.

Comment

Yeah if the BP was available in FST when I bought my SP I would have gone with that instead, but for the kind of surfing I'm looking to do when I take the SP out I don't really need more performance. Just looking to have fun when everyone else is struggling on their 'proper' boards.

sorry mate but its pretty obvious isn't it? It was for me the first wave I had on a BP. I think the BP will ultimately supersede the SP...just my opinion but I don't see the point of both....sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X