X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
    sorry mate but its pretty obvious isn't it? It was for me the first wave I had on a BP. I think the BP will ultimately supersede the SP...just my opinion but I don't see the point of both....sorry.
    I doubt the Spitfire has superseded and consequently outstripped the Dominator in sales but it's a similar performance change.
    Will the Potatonator going the other way on the performance spectrum supersede the Dominator?
    The salespeople in the surf shops are always keen to have a new model to sell and the baked will be a little less alien looking to the rank and file surfer looking for a mush buster.
    Putting in a 5 fin option should help sales along nicely too.
    The time lag in bringing the Baked potato out in FST rather than a simultaneous release in both techs would seem like Firewire have tested the waters so to speak.
    Last edited by cuttlefish; 07-23-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
      Dont be so sure the Baked Potato is DEFINITELY coming out in FST. I was at FW headquarters last week back and forth for a couple of days and all they have been told is it MAY be next year but there are other models coming out as a priority. Its why I bought a White RF rather than wait...I would rather FST but there is no guarantee its coming out.
      Oh no don't say that, i would't be surprised if your correct though....

Maybe i should just buy one in Rapid fire then get rid of it when or if they come out in FST.

Comment

hey guys,

long time observer, first time poster on this board. just wanted to add that i too would like to see the BP in FST...my prefered choice would be a 5'3 FST w/5-fin future setup. while i still may consider scooping up a BP in rapidfire, i can hold off until at least next year before making that purchase. whereas if said prefered board were available today i don't think i would be able to resit making an impulsive purchase...

thanks,
        cuervo

Comment

Rang the local FireWire dealer today to place an order for a 507 baked potato. At least an 8 week wait before anything is available. Oh well , at least the water will have started to warm up a tad down here. Would seem that there is a bit of a lottery as to whether any ar available in the white rapid fire.

Comment

Any update on an ETA for the baked in FST? Im really keen to grab one, but I prefer FST over RF.

Comment

Has anyone tried the RF with carbon fibre strips on the rails? Never seen one around and I'm curious :)

Comment

strips are just painted on

Comment

Instead of making a new thread, I thought I would ask here. Does anyone know if you can order the Baked Potato in a White RapidFire version?

EDIT: Never mind! Found another post that said they were available as a custom order. Thanks!
                  Last edited by chris27; 11-05-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I tell you man we are in the same boat here! I waited and waited to get that SP, then I had to wait some more to get it with futures, I got it, loved it and now wanting a BP in uh FST of course.

But hey I just bought a PN thinking yea this will be my small wave board only to find out it isn't the SP so can't get sell it. I'm really liking the Tomo but it doesn't and probably won't come in FST and even if it did it won't be the same due to higher weight.

Decisions, decisions what to do? So little time, so many choices, so little money....

Comment

I'd say with the Baked Potato coming to the kite range that HAS to be in FST with additional reinforcement. It seems unlikely that it wouldn't be offered in the surf range in FST also.
                      That said, the lighter RF build does lend its self to smaller wave boards better, but doesn't hurt to have the choice!

Comment

Yeah the kite baked potato will be the modified FST kite build.

Comment

FST + CBD would be amazing

Comment

yeah i am not sure that one will make it CBD in the short term, only because its for smaller waves so the need for ultra subtle refinements isn't quite as necessary More likely would be the addition of even lengths, 506, 508, etc, but nothing is imminent.

Cheers

Comment

yeah i am not sure that one will make it CBD in the short term, only because its for smaller waves so the need for ultra subtle refinements isn't quite as necessary More likely would be the addition of even lengths, 506, 508, etc, but nothing is imminent.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. It looks like I had the wrong understanding of the CBD program; I thought that the user could make much more drastic changes (like getting a 5'5 Baked with 29 cubic liters of volume haha). Guess that would be too intense!

The technogrian option is intriguing, especially to my environmentalist side. One of the (many) reasons that I switched to Firewire was because of the company's growing commitment to less toxic surf gear. Obviously, boards have a looooong way to go, but technogrian looks very promising. My only question is durability at

Comment

Working...
                                X