Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah scotty the idea is that we want to maintain the functional characteristics of the shape vs allowing dramatic changes.

As far as technograin durability goes, you can expect similar performance as FST. the deck, bottom and rails are all Paulownia wood making it highly impact resistant and not prone to pressure compression.

Cheers and hope this helps!

Comment

What will the price difference be and when?

Comment

Seeking FST baked potato update. I love the shape. Not quite anything like it out there. Kinda disappointed by firewires choice of release order. If your business model is green board production, shouldnt that include offering the most durable board possible? How green is it to go through a board in 2 years and have to replace it? Or to fire up some more resin when the guy repairs it? We all want rigid construction. Not to be test dummies for unproven tech.

Comment

• justo
          justo commented
          Editing a comment
          Check the webpage and the racks. BPs come in timbertech. That's the greenest option out and it's equally the most durable, some say even more durable than FST.

I don't want timbertech. I will keep riding my haggard board before I drop that much on one that won't last. There are WAY too many people reporting problems for it to be hearsay. And the people who did have problems got no help from FireWire. Nobody wants timbertech. It scratches easy, people break them, they ding easy, and they're difficult to repair. It doesn't get much worse for a non pu board. I'll wait for fst or go with another manufacturer if FireWire decides not to produce it in fst.

Comment

Nice trolling...

Comment

Just to set the record straight about my experience of help from Firewire! I have (had) two timbertek boards - Spitfire and Unibrow. I had some issues with the unibrow construction after a winter with regular use. I contacted Firewire QLD to ask for advice on repairs as I had no receipts etc.. for warranty purposes. Their response was about the best customer service I have experienced. I sent them the board to look at, and was sent a brand new board of my choice.... The TT Spitfire still looks as good as new even after air travel, boat trips, dumpy beach breaks... So I think I was unlucky on the Unibrow but the response from Firewire was brilliant and I would not think twice about getting TT again. Happy customer.
            As it happens I recently also got a BP in Rapidfire and am pretty happy with it.

Comment

I'm not trolling. But I think it is redundant, to have a technology that is mascaraded as "green" yet mferdi just stated he had to warantee a board. That's twice the power, machine usage, build materials than would've otherwise been utilized had it stayed together the first time. I think the techs should roll out in the complete opposite order. With fst first. As FireWire must certainly notice on their expense list has the least defective units of all their techs. The reason it makes me angry is I like the shapes soooo much. Nobody designs quite like they do. And I want the extra flotation and durability that comes from fst. Otherwise I'd get a custom board. But I don't want pu again. I want a light durable floaty board. Not a wood veneer melded with elderberry juice or whatever the hell is curing cancer and creating drum circles in California now.

Comment

Working...
              X