X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Baked Potato be done in white Rapidfire

Chris...can you answer this one ! If so when will it will be available? Got to say I would prefer this to Bamboo..will be easier to fix too.

Next year it'll be in FST. RF only currently.

Comment

What do others think?

Comment

Intrigued as to why you find FST easier to fix FW Fan? Hard to hide deck repairs on the bamboo, but the bottom and rails is definitely more simple than the Balsa and HD skins on the FST.

I guess the bonus is it's pretty rare to ding the FST boards...

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
          Intrigued as to why you find FST easier to fix FW Fan? Hard to hide deck repairs on the bamboo, but the bottom and rails is definitely more simple than the Balsa and HD skins on the FST.

I guess the bonus is it's pretty rare to ding the FST boards...
          Hey PRJ..do you actually work for FW? You seem to jump in and answer questions like you do...just curious. Bamboo being a natural wood is unique and random and any ding fixes stick out like the proverbial. White is white and can be matched pretty well depending on the ding fixer. I have only ever had FST except for one SP and when the ding was fixed it stuck out big time. That was done by a very good ding fixer. Have had about half a dozen ding fixes on FST boards and they all match up very well. Its not just bamboo its all natural woods. Any dings on the rails of FST have the same problem so FST is not totally the answer either. Just thought that was the reason why the MB was bought out in WRF...maybe Chris can state why the deviation away from Bamboo if I am wrong. Thanks.

Comment

Nah I don't work for them, but do read just about every thread on here and have a pretty good short term memory haha.
            There was a thread a while ago where someone asked FW Aus about FST Baked Potatoes and they were told RF only this year and FST will be available in 2013.

Sorry if it comes across like I'm sticking my nose in...

Just noticed you said WRF and not FST. Is there a new construction?

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
              Will the Baked Potato be done in white Rapidfire
              So White RapidFire = FST? Or do you mean a white sort of Bamboo?

FST are as hard to repair as they are to ding and the bamboo deck is probably even harder! So the only place you can possibly damage and so repair your board is the bottom deck of your RapidFire. And this is as easy as a PU board as long as you're using the right glue.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                Nah I don't work for them, but do read just about every thread on here and have a pretty good short term memory haha.
                There was a thread a while ago where someone asked FW Aus about FST Baked Potatoes and they were told RF only this year and FST will be available in 2013.

Sorry if it comes across like I'm sticking my nose in...

Just noticed you said WRF and not FST. Is there a new construction?
                Hey PRJ, no dont take it like that, I was just curious. I appreciate your input. Cheers mate.

Comment

Cheers!

Comment

there may be a new look coming...or maybe there wont....all covered by the secrets act..............that'll keep you all guessing..!!!!

Comment

It's all about aesthetics (sort of). For me with these uber hybrid, somewhat more retro inspired boards I reckon the Bamboo of RF is just a better look. Mind you, I don't own any of these boards and with my Dom more comfortably foamed don't really feel I need one.

But if I did own one of these boards it'd probably be a sweet potato or baked potato in RF with no tail pad.

Comment

I really like the look of the enviro-flex/crossfire Dom and Sweet Potato. Best of both worlds if you ask me!

Comment

Yeah, forgot about those. Sweeeet looking boards.

Comment

Enviro flex?? what is that?

Comment

I think it's just the crossfire construction but it uses an Eco resin and maybe a different fibreglass too. There's a description in the 2012 brochure.

Comment

Working...
                              X