Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd put K3s in it. Or at least PC5s. 3s would be too small for you.

Comment

Yeah, K3/K2.1/PC5 would be my fist choices in it...

How is the concaves in it? Seems like a deep single?
      Attachment
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Erling; 02-10-2013, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Maybe a hint of double over the rear fin. Haven't seen one in the flesh yet to say for sure.
        Shane at FW Europe was frothing over the CC sample though. Said it was like the Sub Scorcher but better.

Comment

looks like the CC is hitting UK in March. After all this great feedback I might have to pre-order one.

Comment

If I didn't had a vanguard on order I'd have a CC on order...

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
              Maybe a hint of double over the rear fin. Haven't seen one in the flesh yet to say for sure.
              Shane at FW Europe was frothing over the CC sample though. Said it was like the Sub Scorcher but better.
              Is Shane from FW Europe on the forum? I'd be very interested to hear his thoughts on CC vs Sub

Comment

Not that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                  It is a single with a double through the fins and a slight V in the last part of the tail.........really nice board and probably been the board i have had the most fun riding.

Comment

Yeah the tail of the Chubby is an upgrade over the Sub because of the V. It makes the rails feel a bit more sensitive and increases overall performance. Its an ultra versatile shape that, in my opinion, will surf as good as you can surf it. There is no ceiling in small to mid sized surf.

Cheers

Comment

Got an e-mail from boarshop.co.uk today regarding the fins that come with the CC. Firewire are supplying the board with fins at trade, and it's Firewire who recommended PC3 on boards up until 6'0. Boardshop.co.uk can not change this setup, but can sell the board 20 cheaper without fins... (better to buy the board with fins and sell the fins if you ask me)

So.. how come Firewire recommends PC3 fins to a board that is recommended to surfers around 80-90kg? Chris ?

Comment

I think it's down to the Europe distribution. In Aus and the US fins aren't included. If you can get a set of PC3s for 20 though you're laughing. Either sell them for more or use the rear as a small trailer and maybe the sides as quad rears for the Potato.

Comment

C.C

I live in Australia and surf the South Coast of NSW in a 3/2mm most of the year, the board has plenty of volume for me and gets you in to the hollow ones a little quicker and floats over flat sections with ease. Think the extra volume of a 6'0 would start going the wrong way for me. Boards with too much volume can be a hazard like too little volume. Having surfed on Gower in Wales most my life it would be my good wave board there. Would prob have bought a Potatonator if I was still living at home to cover the fat bottom end stuff you get at a typical welsh beachie. Think a C.C and Potatonator would cover any type of surf back in the U.K. I have the K fins with the blue dot on in my C.C. They are my favourite fins by a mile! They seem to go sick on the board and I would not consider using any other fins. In Oz with the extra grunt the C.C is a one board quiver unless you charge huge slabs etc.

Had another surf in clean chest high wind swell on the weekend and the board went sick again, can't see myself riding anything else! I loved the dumpster diver and Hellfire but this board feels like I'm cheating ;)

Comment

Originally posted by paulnunn View Post
                            I live in Australia and surf the South Coast of NSW in a 3/2mm most of the year, the board has plenty of volume for me and gets you in to the hollow ones a little quicker and floats over flat sections with ease. Think the extra volume of a 6'0 would start going the wrong way for me. Boards with too much volume can be a hazard like too little volume. Having surfed on Gower in Wales most my life it would be my good wave board there. Would prob have bought a Potatonator if I was still living at home to cover the fat bottom end stuff you get at a typical welsh beachie. Think a C.C and Potatonator would cover any type of surf back in the U.K. I have the K fins with the blue dot on in my C.C. They are my favourite fins by a mile! They seem to go sick on the board and I would not consider using any other fins. In Oz with the extra grunt the C.C is a one board quiver unless you charge huge slabs etc.

Had another surf in clean chest high wind swell on the weekend and the board went sick again, can't see myself riding anything else! I loved the dumpster diver and Hellfire but this board feels like I'm cheating ;)
                            all this deep winter weather in the UK makes me want to move to aus!, must be so nice in a 3/2, you move for work paul?

Think i might be sold on the CC, at 71KG 5'9 intermeidiate, good paddler, do I go for the 5'9 and drop down to 27.5 l of vol or stick with what I know (in the 5'9 EF and 5'6 Dom) and stay with the 28.6 lrts of vol and get a 5'10 CC.... havnt been in the sub 28 L zone yet

thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by csarqui View Post
                              I realize that this board is new so there might not be a lot of experience out there yet. I'm interested in knowing how it catches waves and what size surf it can handle. I'm currently on my Dominator 90% of the time and totally spoiled with it's ability to get into waves but I have a surf trip to Nicaragua coming up in April and I need something else to take with me for the mid-range wave size spectrum. Anybody have an insights on this? Thanks.
                              I can't comment directly to the catch-ability/top end of the Chedda, because I haven't even held one in my hand. However, I would imagine it to be in a similar genre/feel of a sub-scorcher/dumpster diver type of board. What I can offer is that I'm a guy who lives full time in Nicaragua. Considering that you already have a dominator I would probably recommend something a little more geared towards the higher performance end of the spectrum. It's a bit difficult to gauge what the swell is going to do around April, but generally it does start to fill in with a little more regularity around that time. The majority of the waves down here are steep/fast/hollow. I would probably recommend either a F1, MB, Mini Driver, or the often overlooked Alternator. I think the Alternator would be the most versatile of the bunch (still high performance but paddles really well too). The F1 is amazing on critical waves, but I do feel a bit handicapped in the paddle department on that thing.

Anyways... your dominator will cover you just fine on the average to in-between swell days. If you happen to score a decent swell on your trip I would be willing to bet that you would wish you had something with a bit more length/rocker and a little thinner tail than what a Chedda is going to offer.

Comment

daveo & Csarqui -
                                I live in SD as well and really appreciate your feedback on the CC. Looks like a fun board.
                                Currently surfing a 5'6 Hellfire but also want something to push my surfing, go top to bottom and harder turns...much like daveo was looking for.
                                daveo, the volume in the 6'1 seems like a lot for you. Do you like it or feel like you should have went down in volume?
                                Can anyone out there comment on how the CC performs in comparison to the Hellfire?

Comment

Working...
                                X