X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delmarsurfer-

I haven' t surfed the elf or hf so I can't say how much the cc would help you "push" your surfing in comparison to those boards. The tail is obviously different. Chris or Paulnunn may be better people to field that question. I can say that the cc has perfomed excellent for me in waist to head1/2 + waves. AM1s, WCT, and EA techflex-for overhead surf). At 180lbs and 6'3 I feel that the 6'1 cc fits me perfectly. If I could swap for another size, i'd get the same 6'1 every time. At 180lbs you can go smaller but being 6'3 I need a bit extra length. That's still riding a high performance board that's 2" shorter than me. I can't wait to surf it*again!! I'm so obsessed with the board I still come back to this forum when im not in the water.

Comment

Thanks daveo.
      I figured part of the reason you went with 6'1 was your size, sounds like you nailed it.
      Glad to hear you're so stoked on the CC. Such a good feeling!
      I just got a 5'7 demo (would buy 5'6 though) but the waves have been crap most of the weekend.
      Hopefully something will come through tomorrow and I can really test the board out. Feels good though.

Comment

paulnunn,
        Am I thinking of switching to the CC from a Hellfire.
        Can you shed any more light on the differences between surfing the CC vs. the HF.
        Do you find the CC is more manueverable or just better on the bottom end?
        What size HF did you have?
        I felt up a 5'6 CC last night and it feels great. The rails felt a little less chunky (which I like) and I'd have to say the tail is definitely thinner.
        Thanks!

Comment

Hey DelMar,
          I think the CC has the capacity to be ridden a bit more progressively and feel like its a little bit faster because it has a nice single concave under foot that process into a fast slight double under in the tail. Compared to the hellfire, this will make the board plane just a little bit more quickly and feel like it is a touch mroe on top of the water.

the double concave of the Hellfire lends its self to being turned over from rail to rail at higher speeds. It increases bite and thus has more control in bigger waves.

so the question of maneuverability becomes a "depends on the wave" type answer. Think faster and more progressive low end for the CC. A bit more control with the hellfire on the high end.

Cheers and hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks, Chris. Great feedback!
            It sounds like the CC has a little less rocker in the nose. Will this affect the ability to surf it vertically or will this board do everything you're capable of surfing?
            What do you mean it can be ridden a bit more progressively?
            Also, how do you compare the CC to your beloved Unibrow?
            It will be great to hear more reviews from people who've ridden the CC but between you, paulnunn and daveo the CC sounds like a great board!

Comment

Hey Delmar

I have a CC 6'6' I replaced both my Hellfire 6'6" and Spitfire 6'4" I have ridden it in solid 6ft with AM2 fins it did feel a bit stiff however not an issue really. I just last week got a set of Future WCT and the board is a different board it blows the Hellfire away and catches waves just as good as the Spitfire. I was after a 2 board quiver and I have it with the BP 5'11" as my under 3ft board, however I am thinking the CC will even ride nicely at 2ft and it goes vertical with ease. I highly recommend the CC as a great performer and great wave catch ability and the WCT fins for 2-5ft and you will be stoked.

Comment

nn66, thanks for the feedback!
                Blows the Hellfire away????...WOW! I like the sounds of that.
                I was a bit concerned that it might be too similar to the Hellfire and I may not notice much of a difference...doesn't sound like that will be the case.
                Since you've surfed both boards does Chris's analysis above sound familiar?
                I think I am going to stick with FCS but it looks like the WCT's are similar to my K2.1 fins so they should go well.

Comment

I got to demo the 5'7 CC again this weekend but unfortunately wasn't able to get a lot of time on it.
                  Caught a few decent waves but at times the board almost seemed to bog a bit.
                  I had planned on getting the 5'6 at my weight which is 1.3L less in volume.
                  Is it possible the board would have this affect if it were over volumed 1 - 1.5L? Or is it more likely it was the waves/not being used to the board?

Comment

C.C vs H.F

Originally posted by delmarsurfer View Post
                    paulnunn,
                    Am I thinking of switching to the CC from a Hellfire.
                    Can you shed any more light on the differences between surfing the CC vs. the HF.
                    Do you find the CC is more manueverable or just better on the bottom end?
                    What size HF did you have?
                    I felt up a 5'6 CC last night and it feels great. The rails felt a little less chunky (which I like) and I'd have to say the tail is definitely thinner.
                    Thanks!
                    I really loved the Hellfire and it has been one of the best boards I have ridden until I got a C.C! The C.C just does every thing better, surfs mush better, surfs waves with good shape and paddles better. From waist high up I would not surf another board here in Australia on the South Coast. Having said that if I was living some where with less powerful waves I would get a Potatonator too for lower end stuff. Think with those two you would cover 95% of the surf most of us get that are not on the Dream Tour!

Comment

paulnunn what size cc did you get and how much do u weigh?

Comment

kdropin - On Page 2 he said he got a 5'11 CC, weighs 80kg and the volume feels perfect.

paulnunn - What size Hellfire did you have?

Comment

Daveo, nn66, paulnunn - are any of you having issues with the sensitivity of the tail on the CC?

Comment

Hey Delmar I saw Sarges review and yes if you say for instance take your weight of your back foot the board kind of bogs, it only happens to me when I have finished the wave when i am cutting off. So I guess the conclusion is you do ride the board with more drive of your back foot as well as a balanced relaxed stance. I have no issues once again catching waves in the 2ft range I basically see a wave and I can get it, whereas my HF 6'6" I had to be in the exact position to catch waves which drove me mad. I do like the WCT fins in this board over the AM2 which is apparently weird as I am 103kgs and the WCT is for a lighter surfer I am thinking it's the mix of a bigger board with a smaller fin that's bringing the right combo together. I do however ride my BP with JC fronts and controller rears and it rips it is such a good board for 1-3ft much better than the SP.

Comment

nn66 - Thanks. I have heard the board has a bit of a "skatey" feel due to the tail. Have you experienced that or is your only issue with the tail when you take weight off your back foot and the board bogs a bit?
                              Still liking the CC over your HF?
                              In comparing how the two catch waves it sounds like with the HF you had to be in the perfect position to catch it whereas with the CC it is more forgiving or easier to catch waves?
                              Last edited by delmarsurfer; 03-09-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

delmar it kind of has a loose feel I wouldn't say skatey, however it is a lot looser with the WCT fins and yes the bog issue is only when you take the weight off your back foot. Back to the HF if you like yours and can catch waves easily it's not a bad board my issue was I just could not get enough waves and it drove me mad, however when I got waves I did like the board in the bigger stuff. I noticed you have a EF that's interesting because I think the CC is quite similar to the EF and a bit like the HF so you could sell both and get a CC and a BP, I rode a 5'9" BP yesterday after riding my BP 5'11" for nearly a year and the difference in performance was ridiculous and it still caught waves easily not as good but the performance made up for it, so there will be a BP 5'11" on evil bay tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X