X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chubby Chedda vs Sub Scorcher ?

how do they compare, and are they as similar as they seem?

Thinking about replacing my 5'8 spit and 6'2 alt into a 5'11 Chub or 6'0 SubS.... I think I'll be happy in the spitfire wave range, but will I be able to use it in the same conditions as my alternator?

A lot of boards seems to come with 5-fin option now a days... why not the Chub and SubS? Does those models not work good as a quad?

Hey Erling,
    These boards were built to be ridden like traditional thrusters. they are essentially shortboards jammed into slightly shorter, stubbier bodies but still meant to deliver the big performance ride that thrusters offer.

These are both boards that have their roots in the preferences of competing pros, Andino and Wilson, so the fin configuration is left true to what the original objectives of the boards were. You get your speed from the shape and a lot of control from your fins!

Cheers

Comment

Just read somethine that Stylar wrote: that the CC is very refined in the tail. I was thinking that this was a chubby board and that the 5'11 was the right one based on that it's got the same volume as my 5'8 spit and just slightly less than my 6'2 Alt`but the CC has more width and a bigger tail (or so I thought) .... but should I be looking at the 6'0 CC instead?

Comment

yeah sounds about right at the 511, but its not as refined as say the hellrazor... I wouldn't go nay bigger though.

Comment

Thanks! :) I've also got a question about the fins that come with the board : http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...e-Chedda/page3

Comment

Chris or anyone wats the difference between the sub and CC. I have a 6'4 sub and am looking get 6'6 CC. Is the tail thinner, more rocker, rails etc, paddling, etc.. Mahalo, gkekoa

Comment

yeah wondering now about the sub as well.. what are the bottoms on these.. cc is single to double slight v.. what is the sub?

Comment

also what would be the ideal conditions for each of them...

Comment

Sub is single all the way. I'd say ideal conditions are stomach to head high, but can handle smaller if it's punchy and quite a bit bigger if it's not too critical.

Both boards are going to be fairly similar, the CC might be a touch more refined but I'd say they are different shapers takes on the same concept.

Comment

I just purchased my first Sub Schorcher FST 5 8 , OMG best small wave board ive ever ridden, I mean crazy good, i live on the east coast of florida and will be surfing NSSA Nationals this year in HB, what rides like this SC FST in bigger surf? im looking to quiver out on these boards so, im looking for everyday board form waist to head hi type surf. any help would be appreciated. my low volume is 27

Comment

I'd check out the Bourez model

Comment

Working...
                      X