X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
    Never re-think ur quiver, always re-think how u surf to improve ur quiver.
    Wise words!!!! I`ll keep that one

Comment

RobinL thanks for your advise I have to admit i never really thought of the CC as being more refined than the SS I thought it was just another shapers version of that style of board but after reading back through other guys reports it seems you'r right. I have nothing against the SS except its on the special order list and the CC fits into the volume i was looking for better I have to say the 602 spitfire seems to fit and might suit my average ability better' A friend lent me a 601 el fuego to try but it had no fins I was very limited and ran M5s glass flex as a thruster , It it paddled and caught waves well but didn't hold very well. Was chest to head high close out type waves sucking up on to the beach and some cross wind and since then the wind has been 20-30 knot on shore Have to try it again with better fins, another guy has offered me a try on his 602 Dominator next time I see him at the beach so that will be interesting I saw a 602 SS the other day looks real nice however dropping 4 litres may be too much (12 months ago I thought I was happy on a fish 10 litres bigger) the 604 looks a better fit if I can find one.Hope to sort this out soon as we have another cyclone forming just north of here should bring some good surf in soon.

Comment

Nearly,

For larger, steeper days I strongly recommend a Hellfire or Quad5. A PN and one of these two boards will set you up for anything that is surfable. The Hellfire handles late drops MUCH better than the PN. For good waves, the Quad5/ Quadraflex is even better. My HF is 6 inches longer than my PN, my Quadraflex is 8 inches longer. They are slightly smaller in volume though, and paddle similarly.

Comment

Working...
        X