Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. If I don't get a few good ones on it tomorrow I might end up on a normal board over the busy weekend. Don't want to miss out on a good session trying to figure out a board while its busy.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinL View Post
      If you head to N Devon Shore2surf in Woolacombe have hundreds of them. They have just taken a big delivery as I am heading down there to check the sub s vs the unibrow. Not sure what they are getting by way of CC's in this stock though. Rich is the man to talk to and is very knowledgeable and helpful if you give them a call.
      Yeah North devon actually seems like a good bet as the fact its a couple less miles for me, Il have to get into Shore2surf and have a look if dev ends up the one, I know boardshop.co.uk has the 5'9 and 5'10 but thats online and means I cant actually have a feel, I know its going to be one of those two boards for sure. DTL usually has tons of FWs as well.

PRJ by wrapping in more do you mean places like croyde, fistral, watergate will be bigger than places lower down like gwithian?

Comment

yeah the gwitian/st ives bay won't get much at all on a SW swell. Bude and further north seem to get a much better wrap in on those swell directions. Saturday 2 weeks again I surfed Porthtowan and it was chest high and weak, my mate surfed Bude and it was head high + and pumping.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
          yeah the gwitian/st ives bay won't get much at all on a SW swell. Bude and further north seem to get a much better wrap in on those swell directions. Saturday 2 weeks again I surfed Porthtowan and it was chest high and weak, my mate surfed Bude and it was head high + and pumping.
          cheers think I was at fistral on that Sunday, was pretty fun.The winds looking lighter further north you go as well. Good luck with your surf

Comment

Yeah Sunday was good but windy. I think all the Newquay boys were over my way on that Sunday because it was a barrel fest.

Comment

Yeah Sunday was good but windy. I think all the Newquay boys were over my way on that Sunday because it was a barrel fest.
              Yeh I actually got the high tide surf and the wind and south fistral was surprisingly light. Not really a barrel fest Unfortunatley but real fun shapes for my dominator getting nice and steep right towards the end on to the beach, fun

Comment

Sounds good! I just got back from surfing. Chest to headhigh. Inconsistent and howling offshore but a couple of decent ones on the VG. No idea how it does it, but it really draws a tight arc!

Comment

Niiiiice, no luck yet on this side

Comment

Sounds good! I just got back from surfing. Chest to headhigh. Inconsistent and howling offshore but a couple of decent ones on the VG. No idea how it does it, but it really draws a tight arc!
                    liking the sound of the VG maybe I should hold out a bit and weigh up the choice between VG and CC.

got into north shore in newquay and had a look at the 5'9, felt thicker then I was expecting (but not really in the rails). they didnt have a 5'10 but the 5'9 felt nice under arm, they had a 5'11 which felt a bit to big to me. it really is a nice board when you see it for real, really narrow nose compared to my dom,ef,sp which is what im really looking for

had a good surf at godrevy sat and low tide fistral sunday, there was a guy out on sunday with a vanguard, there was a lot of guys with firewires full stop, a guy with a potatonator reminded me why i also want one of those!

Comment

What time did you surf Godrevy? I was in in the morning and had a shocker.

Comment

yeah the thing comes right around even with such a wide tail.

Comment

What time did you surf Godrevy? I was in in the morning and had a shocker.
                          Around 3 - 6pm Was prob around chest high with some nice long rides (for uk beaches) bit windy though.

What was wrong with it in the morning?

Comment

Smaller ones were slack, bigger ones were closing out. Except on the busiest peak straight out from the river but it was rammed. Looked more fun in the afternoon from the pics I saw, bigger in the morning though.
                            This weekend looks pumping but most beaches here don't handle those swells...

Comment

i hate those weak small/close out big conditions, think i must have missed that luckily. Going to miss this weekends big swell as im off to barbados for two weeks :D!
                              Can only take one board though due to airline fees, cant decide between the dom or ef (was going to buy the CC for it, but i dont want to risk taking a board im not familiar with)

Comment

Nice! I've always fancied Barbados. No idea what board would be best though. Maybe ELF?

Comment

Working...
                                X