Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply Pmorgan. I am aiming for a board for roughly a bit below waist to about shoulder/head high. Being pretty light I prefer a squashed down high performance board rather than a true performance hybrid such as a Spitfire.
    How do you like your Sub Scorcher?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoop-a-loop View Post
      Thanks for the reply Pmorgan. I am aiming for a board for roughly a bit below waist to about shoulder/head high. Being pretty light I prefer a squashed down high performance board rather than a true performance hybrid such as a Spitfire.
      How do you like your Sub Scorcher?
      I really like the sub but I tend to keep it for good surf head high clean. I run the 504 PN most of the time. The sub is way better top to bottom and much more responsive. I struggled on it when the waves were mushy which is what the board is for. I think that riding hybrids can pull away from HP surfing. But you are still surfing when you normally wouldn't. I don't think eather board would be a bad choice, availability of the SS might be harder now. If you are uk based down the ling just got a load of subs in.

Comment

Hey Stoop, i think length is an important part of your decision as that contributes to the overall "effective rail" and the sensation of drive off the bottom. I will say that I feel the wide point of the Chubby is a bit further up than on the sub scorcher and the tail has less of that "bump squash" shape that can be found in the subscorcher. The result for me is the LSD works a little better when loading up on your front foot. All in all, super similar, but I might like the Chubby a bit more in better/steeper surf, and the Sub in slightly more average conditions. for me they are both Head high and below.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X