X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'11 vs 6'0 Chubby Chedda

Anyone who has tried or held/seen these both these sizes? by the numbers and boardcompare there isn't much difference. I'm thinking 5'11 is the right one for me... but the 6'0 might be better in smaller/weaker surf and getting into waves earlier?

the board should fit in between these two: 5'8 potatonator + 6'8 Flexfire DD pin..... I'm planning on selling all my other boards.

Erling - my vote would definitely be no bigger than 5'11. Have you considered the 5'10? In my opinion 6'0 is way too much volume for you.
    I used prjwebb's volume formula which is .36 - .37L/kg of body weight and I think it works very well. This would put you right in the 5'10 - 5'11 range.
    The board paddles great and gets you into waves very nicely. Maybe not as easily as your Spit but close and once you get dialed in on it I think you'll like it more.
    I am absolutely loving my CC and there is no way I would want any more volume. I demo'd the 5'7 CC and didn't really like it but LOVE my 5'6.

Comment

Thanks delmarsurfer :)

I was set on the 5'8 Potatonator, but now I'm reading more and more about people thats above 80kg and loving the 5'6.... and guys around 90kg loving the 5'8....

Comment

Working...
      X