Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding from 508 SF to 501 BP and 508 HF OR 508/9/10 CC

Hey guys and gals.

I posted a while ago in the BP and HF forums trying to work out what boards and sizes to move on to from my 508 spitfire.

Iv still been riding this board and it goes great, i love it. However i still feel its a jack of all king of none... And at 31L it is way more a grovellor.

Iv had it out in a range of surf since i last posted and i think i will keep it as my grovel board and get either a HF 508 or a CC 508/9/10 then eventualy replace the SF...

The 508 spit goes in anything i can go out in 1fters and score tons of waves... But if it gets big/sucky/hollow it doesnt cope, its too shady on the critical drop ins and just feels corky and overly chunky...

I was pretty set on getting a 508 hellfire but have seen the CC and think it looks like a really good shape...

So i suppose really i want to know:

How would the HF and CC compare?

What size CC? (5'7 ~70kgs 25years fit beginner/intermediate for sucky hollow GC points and sandbar beachies)

Which would compliment my chunky spitfire groveler more and my end game 501 baked potato more...? any other suggestions for grovel board/2 board quiver also welcome! 504 potatonator?!

How would a 501 29.3L BP compare to a 508 31L spit for grovelability, feel and perfomance?

Cheers!

EDIT: Looked in a few shops on the GC this weekend, the CC really does just look like a great shape too me... I was also attracted to the JR cousin it... oh and the timbertek boards look SICK

Also one shop had a few sub scorchers they said they could do a good price on... Any experiences with this board? Looked a bit flatter and maybe less what i was looking for but a nice shape for sure...

Comment

I always loved the Sub and the CC looks even better.

Comment

So many sick boards out there! Liked the look of loads in the rack but CC really especially attracted me... So what are the differences with the SS?

Wheres the love from everyone else? Re assure me! Drop some knowledge!

Comment

Hey Nelson,

To me the Chubby has a bit more pivot, a slightly more forward widepoint and more aggressive bottom contour. Both for use in similar waves, but I think the CC has a little more of a free, HP ride to it where the SS feels like it might be just a touch flatter...

Hopefully that helps

Comment

Sweet, thats more what im going for... im pretty sure its the right choice. Am i about on the money with a 5'9? absolute max im 72kgs but usually around 70... thanks

Comment

Working...
            X