X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6'1 RAZOR V 5'11 CHEDDA

just had my hands on a 5'11 chedda in the shop and had to put it back to be bought this week, such an amazing feeling board... i have a 6'1 razor which i love when the waves are perfect but want a more all rounder for north devon waves.. just checked both boards on the board formula tech veiw,.. the 2 boards nearly come up identical .. will i notice much difference in catching waves earlier,, etc in the chedda .... cheers boys...p.s got a few pics surfing my razor in ulus but cant upload as says file to big?

cant really help with your comparison but i picked up a CC in the shop and the same thing happened to me, such a nice shape and foam distribution! what do you weigh? im 70, 72 max and tihnking 5'9....
    Last edited by Nelson GoldCoast; 06-02-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• geordieindevon
      geordieindevon commented
      Editing a comment
      I weigh about 80 kg to 85 depending on how many Devon pasties I eat... Love the razor but the cc just looks like the one!!.. got someone coming to buy the razor on Thursday and hopefully have the 5'11 Thursday night... Off to the maldives in Sept and gutted I'm not keeping the razor,but recon the cc will do more,excited!

yeh cc looks like such a good shape and i actually like that it only has the 3 fin boxes! im pretty much set on the 509 CC... i hope its everythign i want and more!!! let me know how you go on yours hope its a rippa

Comment

sold the razor, and feel canny gutted ?... went for the 6'0 ..dont know why ,but also wish i bought the 5'11 just thinking wave count over performance.. thats me being 40 i guess.. since i bought it its gone compleatly flat... waves coming to croyde n devon this week so will be giving a review...hope it dont feel to fat....im about 82 kg and 5'11 ..cant wait to surf it ...thinking about getting a mb 6'4 thin... can i get one in england?

Comment

Not sure about different board availability in the uk... Since my last post i demoed a 5'9 chubby chedda and i loved it...

The 5'9s 27L and im 5'7 and 70-71kg but stepping down from my 5'8 SF (31L) i was amazed at how well it still caught waves. Its toted as a small wave board and you can tell from the way it paddles and catches, the bottom contours arent too aggressive and the nose rocker is fairly flat, its got a really nicely refined tail tho and a fair bit of tail rocker. I fund this meant i could catch anythign and if needs be put my weight back and use that til rocker to deal with steep sections and tight turning.

Anyway i returned it and turns out they have 2 demo boards in that size so im gonna buy the newer of the two off them, pretty stoked just wish id handed over the cash straight away!

Since have sold my spitfire, sad to see it go... but i demoed a 5'3 baked potato and that was awesome so il end up getting one of those for small waves...

Wait for that swell to roll in and give the chedda a chance!!!

Comment

At 80kgs i went 5'11 CC and 5'6 PN (for those crappy days when i wind up not surfing at all) perfect vol of 30l in each... not corky and not an anchor... just perfect to sink the rails... stoked.
          Budget only allowed those ... PU boards from 6ft+ :(

Comment

bought the 6'0 only surrfed it a few times, but what an amazing board... been flat for weeks at croyde uk, but prob could have gone 5'10, but 6'0 is sick, cant wait for the first good swell... or septembers trip to lohis!!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by geordieindevon View Post
              bought the 6'0 only surrfed it a few times, but what an amazing board... been flat for weeks at croyde uk, but prob could have gone 5'10, but 6'0 is sick, cant wait for the first good swell... or septembers trip to lohis!!!!...
              nice keep the feedback coming

Comment

geordie compare the razor to the chedda... love my razor but don't like the length

Comment

• geordieindevon
                  geordieindevon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  cant really compare yet, the chedda tho is gonna be my one board quiver, it works in 2foot surf and recon it will go in 6 foot ground swell... but do love the hellrazor, but its gone, dont think it was the board for everyday devon, but if i was still going to indo every winter i would deffo have that in the bag... will give a good comparison after i have the chedda out in some decent surf.. the forcast says 5th september lohis is gonna be the test date..yeeeeaw!!!!!!!!!!!!

For an all-around daily shortboard, I love my 509 CC as well. It has a great shape and is super fun in 3ft to head high surf. The razor offers more performance (with the cost of having to paddle harder to get into waves), but I must say the CC paddles great and I find myself catching almost everything out in the lineup.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

• Matt_s
                  Matt_s commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Josh, how much do you weigh?, im 73kg 5'9 and thinking of replacing my 5'9 el fuego with a 5'9 CC (among other boards!, always hard to decide). In theory how would you say the ride would compare between the two, both being wide point forward but im assuming the CC has more tail rocker and flip in the nose? im thinking il be taking a step in a more hpsb direction then with the ef, like the look of the razor but want to keep my boards as user friendly as possible.

I weigh 75kg. With less entry rocker the EF will not be as good in the pocket. Yes, you are correct the CC definitely has that pop in the tail that you get from a standard shortboard. You can really stomp down your backfoot and do a powerful turn with the CC. I like riding the CC in 3 foot to head high surf. It has characteristics of a high performance shortboard, and because of its width, you can surf small waves with performance-oriented style.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

• Matt_s
                  Matt_s commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks sounds good!

• Matt_s
                  Matt_s commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Josh have you tried the vanguard? im also looking at one of these in a 5'6 as well as the CC, you got any thoughts on how they compare ride wise?

The Vanguard is an excellent high performance shortboard. I am actually looking to get the Vanguard as my next board to complement my CC for when the surf is better. What's nice about the Vanguard is that you can ride it really short and the better/ bigger the waves are (within reason), the better the board will handle. With your stats, 506 might be a touch big. You might consider a 504 Vanguard instead. We have similar stats and I ride a 504 or 503. Ride wise, you will need decent sized surf for the Vanguard. I would say where the CC maxs out in its rideable range (about head high surf), the Vanguard just starts to excel. You can then ride this board in pretty good size surf. Check out the link below to see how the board rides: http://vimeo.com/66160884

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

• Matt_s
                  Matt_s commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cheers josh, thanks for the reply, a 504 would probably be ideal although I surf in a 6mm boots and gloves in middle of winter so worry the 5'4 might be a tad low on vol. Also I have been offered a 506 used half price so I might give it a go for a while and downsize later.... That is unless you think a 506 would be stupidly oversized. I am intermediate standard also not advanced. Can ride most stuff up to a little overhead make decent turns etc but by no means advanced.

• Josh BL
                  Josh BL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  506 sounds just right in your case then, and like you said, you can always downsize.

• Matt_s
                  Matt_s commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Josh, demoed the 5'6 vg you were right, too big. A lot of rail in the water and carries a lot of thickness. Vg I can see is an insane board though. At 74kg I think the 5'4 would be a better bet

Cheers, il post a ride report on these new boards after my summer trip

Comment

does the chedda have less flip then the unibrow.. how is the nose rocker compared on the chedda and the razor? thanks

Comment

hey mate

Comment

Working...
                    X