X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super stoked with the Chubby Chedda

Hi guys, I'm writing this post because maybe I can be useful for some of you that is looking for an all around surfboard and doesn't know which one to choose.
    I hope I can be useful to some of you as you were useful in my surfboard choice.
    I bought last week a Chubby Chedda surfboard 5 9 19 1 4 2 5 16 and I can say without any doubt that I'm super stoked with it.
    I surfed on friday 2 feet waves and I found really easy to paddle with the Chubby Chedda and really easy to catch waves. The board keep speed even when the waves are getting flatter and also it helped me to stay in the waves even if I was doing some mistakes trying manouvers.
    I surfed on saturday and sunday 5 feet amazing waves with light off shore wind (lucky me) and I just found the surfboard amazing. I finally was able to do some good off the lip, my firsts carving manouvers and :) I can honestly said that I took my best waves with it since I have been surfing.
    This surfboard then looks like can handle amazing everything within 2 to 5 feet, maybe more ?
    I would suggest it to everyone than is looking for an all around surfboard.
    Thanks anyway for all your advices. I reckon that reading these posts his really useful to understand how to choose the right surfboard.

Good waves to all of you :)

weight? where do u surf? eyeing one up myself..miss a good squash tail

Comment

I weight 66kg (145 lb) and I surf in Portugal, mostly beach breaks (Peniche and Costa da Caparica).

Comment

Carlosanneris - I'm glad to hear that you're loving your CC. Here in San Diego it is one of my favorite boards to ride as well. Anywhere from 3 - 6ft waves the board shreds. Even took it out in overhead surf a few times and it'll hold its own. All around great board!

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

I agree my CC is a one board quiver and i love it. I also ride the 509 but am a bit heavier around 70kg. Its pretty amazing the range this board goes well in... If desperate i can get waves in sub 2ft as long as they have a bit of shape and like josh said itl hold in punchy overhead+... SO. SICK.

Comment

From the descriptions everyone seems amazed Amazing Good stuff

Comment

fins you guys using?

Comment

we are :) I m using the FCS AM2 and they work great but I m not an advance surfer and I haven't tried that many fins in my life so maybe someone that has more experience tried some cool model . I was wondering if someone is using the Julian Wilson ones because I would be interested in buying them

Comment

I'm stoked on my CC with either the Machados or EA Blackstix. They work really well.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Iv just got V2 F1 bog standard fins in and iv been having heaps of fun but i keep thining i should get some flash fins... Josh are those 2 fin options for different conditions? Which should i get for all round ripping? Im 5'7 70kg and ride the 5'9. cheers

Comment

• Josh BL
                      Josh BL commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Those two fins are almost identical, so no. The Blackstix and the Machados both have that foil which is great. The Blackstix will be a little cheaper, but I like the flex you get from the bamboo with the Machados. I've found the Machados release a little more when you really push through a turn. For all around, the Blackstix are a great option. If you want to spend the extra money to get that bamboo look/ flex, it might be worth it to you - kinda hard for me to say which is "better".

- Firewire Intern Josh

Yeh I hear you no one fin is "better"... Iv been building my knowledge of surfing, surfboards, surf weather etc etc a lot over the last year. (Geeking out hard). Fin design is something in just starting to get my head round... I feel like I like the shape and drive of my current find but would welcome a little more flex. Maybe the machados will be the go, there has been a lot of positive reviews! They are sweet looking fins too but actually a bit mismatched with the colourful CC... Cheers for the help!

Comment

• Josh BL
                      Josh BL commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Right on Nelson. My personal setup is the CC and the Machados and I'm still amping on that combo every time I go out - so if you're leaning that way, then go for it!

- Firewire Intern Josh

Josh have you tried the dusty payne fins from kinetic racing? I have heard great things and they look like a good template... I think the V2 foil is pointing me to the machados still tho...

Comment

Picked up some machados this morning bought off ebay. Screwed em in and got in at the spit on the GC. A sloshy 2ft on offer but pretty good on the rising tide...

Wow.

I was not expecting to feel such a difference! If anything i thought it was just gonna be an expensive experiment... How wrong was i?! Fins felt noticeably lighter holding my board so the balance point was brought forward... The best thing was the bottom turns, so drivey with a lovely natural lively springy feel coming out of the turn and a really fun release in the lip.

I was getting more speed, more turns and having more fun!

Frothin on these bamboo bangers!!!

Comment

Even inspired me to clean her up and put a fresh wax job on. Don't really like the jazzy multicolour tailpad but it came on there and at 400aud for perfect condition ex demo board I ain't complaining!!! Can't complain on feel and grip just a bit funky...

Comment

Wax job shots exceed upload limit but it looks tasty...

Comment

Working...
                          X