Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is the built in speed on the chubby? doesn't a board with more tail rocker have less down the line speed and needs to be worked more to generate that speed? compared to the unibrow that flies right off the line

Comment

hmmmm i wouldnt really think about it like that, as it has a relatively flat nose i find if you get your weight forward then she goes... the whippy thin tail means you can adjust back for turns etc or if you wanna stall a bit back into the pocket... i think josh will probably agree... so it takes off and paddles really well with that flatish nose too...

Comment

machado's go good in punchy beach breaks?

Comment

• Josh BL
          Josh BL commented
          Editing a comment
          YES, amazing!

- Firewire Intern Josh

Nelson is right, the CC is very whippy. Similar to your standard squash tail thruster, the CC is quick, snappy, and precise. Getting your back foot on that tail really allows you to generate speed and get going as fast as you want for any section you're looking to hit. Your down the line speed will also depend on the size of wave your riding. When I take my CC out on small days, I find myself pumping a lot more than say on a BP or PN, but once you get up to speed, you have the ability to execute short board maneuvers - which is why I like it so much. In chest to head high surf, the board is also very quick and no faster or slower than the UB. If anything, because of the CC's thinned tail, I think you could generate more speed down the line than the UB, making it my personal board of preference out of the two.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

I've had probably 10 firewires, been riding them exclusively for the past 4-5 years. Rode my new Chubby in Ft Pierce (fl) small 2-3 clean waves yesterday and this is a great board. Motivated me enough to come post here. It's very Snappy, is essentially a regular shortboard but let me get in an extra hit or 2 on weaker waves. I'm 6'0 195 lbs in good shape, the 6'0 seems sized perfectly for me. I'd recommend it for small clean days, ride something even more hybrid in chop or mush burgers.

Comment

• Josh BL
            Josh BL commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad to see another CC fan! Sounds like you have the perfect board for those conditions.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Hey Josh what do you ride as your step up? My CC and machados combo is so good, which i know you love too so wondering what you like when the CC really tops out on big fast barrelling waves? (i assume heading the other way you love the BP like everyone else!!!)

Comment

what FCS fins would you recommend for me @ 80kg/185cm (6') and CC 5'11 ?

I've got PC5, PC K2.1 and PC K3...... but haven't got to test the board enough to find out what fins that work good in it. Going to Morocco in february and I'm considering taking my 5'6 Potatonator + 5'11 CC, and leaving my 6'8 Flexfire DD at home (I don't have a bag that fits the 6'8, and can only have two boards with me. Might sell the 6'8, I've had it for a year and never felt I've needed it). Should I get bigger fins to make the CC handle bigger surf better?

Comment

Working...
            X