X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC dimensions

Hi all, thanks to Phill, Josh and Core Personal Training, I got a new HPSB (so lucky I found another Taj:-)). The CC would be an ideal addition to my quiver for smaller waves I think, but I am not sure about the ideal dimensions. I am 6'2", and weigh 170/175 pounds. My Taj is 6'2". Would the 5'10", the 5'11" or even the 6'0" be best? What do you guys think? Thanks a lot, Matt

Any suggestions? I kind of have to decide in the next couple of days...every input would be appreciated:-).

Comment

I would think at your weight the 510 should be OK. but I guess it comes down to how you like your boards to be volumed, and how small are the waves you're hoping to ride... Ideally for a smaller wave board, you want a bit more volume than your HPSB, but probably only a couple of liters more.

Comment

good work getting the taj mate..!! ..here's a curveball for ya... i'm riding the vanguard in everything now...no taj, no flexy, no MB, no alt, no hellfire even ..!!...its got to be really sad for me to not bother... and at that point you need a SP or mal... its a super high performance board (even more than the taj in my view) but it even rides tiny waves with a face...and with so much speed.. there's also the v4 now too..(not ridden it yet) .. the modern planing hull is turning what we thought we needed to ride on its head..!! see if you can demo them before you buy anything... if they dont grovel enough for you then i'd step right down to a potato variant.. just food for thought... but there is a reason the VG was MONTHS behind on back-order...

Comment

I'd aim around 29l on the chubby. Not sure what size that equates to. Yeah I'm riding a vanguard in everything too currently. Waist high to overhead it hasn't missed a beat, as long as the wave is fairly lined up. It's a bit too fast for complete junk with little to no face.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, you really made me think! Everybody seems to like the VG in all kinds of conditions... Would you keep the same volume in a VG (around 29 liters, which means a 5'5 or 5'6")? @ core personal training: It seems like you prefer a 5'4", although you are quite a lot heavier than me...

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              Core is on a 5'6. I'm a touch lighter than you and found the 5'6 a touch big. The stock 5'4 is a little low volume though.
              I haven't seen a 5'5 yet. It could be perfect but I worry that it would be too thick as I already found the 5'6 very full and the 5'5 is an 1/16" thicker.

Dropping volume on the VG is very do-able in my opinion. I'm riding one just under 27l now and my usual boards are around 28l. The VG catches waves easier and earlier and goes much faster on the wave. It just takes a little more effort to paddle it around the line up.

thanks a lot guys for your support! i think i will still get the CC, 29 liters would equal the 5'10". i am not sure though if at 6'2", the 5'11" would be the better choice...any thoughts on that? i will buy one of these boards in the next days, so every input would be really appreciated.

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah probably not a bad idea. Unless the volume jump is drastic?

the volume would go up 2.2 liters (the 5'10" has 28.7 vs. the 5'11" which has 30.9). i am around 170/175 pounds...do you think the 5'11" would be too much board? my hpsb, the 6'2" taj, has 27.7 liters.

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I think it would be a bit much.
              I expect the balance point on the 510 CC is the same as the 602 TJ so you'd probably be fine.
              Check the two out in the compare boards feature.

i will, thanks a lot phill!

Comment

the balance point of the taj is at 34", the one of the CC at 33". so no big difference i guess...

Comment

• Phill
                Phill commented
                Editing a comment
                No nothing major. Those are the sizes I'd ride in those 2 boards. I'm probably just under 6'1.
                Just make sure the tail pad in all the way back on the CC!

i will! thanks a lot again, your support was great:-).

Comment

• Phill
                Phill commented
                Editing a comment
                Happy to help!
            Working...
            X