X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two board quiver

I am thinking of adding two Firewires to my quiver, a small wave board (head high+1-2 feet) and a step-up. I`m 155-160lbs and 5`11 and surfing in the canarian islands point waves and reefs. For the bottom end I have a 5`9 Hynson twinzer and for the top end a poly 6`4 round tail. I like the dimension of the CC 5`9, but I am not sure about the step-up, perhaps a MB 6`0 thin? Thanks for any ideas and suggestions

How about a lost Fw v2 for smaller day to day stuff and a mini driver as a step up. Depending on how much volume you like I would go a 508 v2 and a 510 mini. I was riding my 508 mini in pushing double over head yesterday and it was going really well.

Comment

What pmorgan wrote is pretty much the same 2 board quiver I'm looking at, although I may look at a potatonator instead of the V2.

Comment

Good idea pmorgan, but I want to go more in the direction high performance, because I already have a fish style board (5'9 Hynson) and the waves I surf here have some power and shape.

Comment

Yeah I reckon either the CC or even a Vanguard for the head high range stuff and if you want something for big stuff I'd look at the ProFileV1 or the Flexfire step ups maybe. I think the MB might feel a bit chunky at your weight.

Comment

Tanks Phill. What do you think about the MB5

Comment

Thanks Phill, what do you think about the MB 5'10 thin? Or should I better look at the Flexfire 6'2 round tail?

Comment

• Phill
                Phill commented
                Editing a comment
                I think the 5'10 MB would be too short for big stuff and the thin version probably too low volume for you.
                The 6'0 thin may be good but I found the rails to be a bit chunky compared to my CBD Taj in the same dims.

The 6'2 Flexfire round tail would be a great choice!

I'm not quite sure about the Flexfire 6'2, because I had a 6'1 Taj (Surftech) before and did not like it. Is the Flexfire as nervous as the Taj? Will be there a gap between the CC and Flexfire? I read, that Core is loving his 6'2 183/4 21/2. What do you think about this board?

Comment

• Phill
                Phill commented
                Editing a comment
                The Flexfire is slightly mellower than the old Taj.
                If you're looking for something more forgiving maybe the 6'0 MB thin or the 6'2 x 18"3/4 Flexfire would be good picks.
            Working...
            X