X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fins on a chubby

i ride k2.1s on my uni and razor.. would they be a good bet on a chubby as well? or will i need a more raked fin because of more tail rocker? something like a fcs am-2 or k3?
    what are you guys riding?

You need more rake I think because the tail rocker, or use this fins when the wave has power. I have the chuby at 5.10 and the first fins i tried was K.2.1 pc , not liked it, the board was slowly. I bought the scarfini fins manta and the board goes like a knife in the wave. The center fin is small than the side and the foil is similar to futures vetctor. Sorry for my english

Comment

fin spec
      http://www.scarfinifins.com/media/k2...036b503a_L.jpg

Comment

I love

Comment

...my rob machado futures with my 509 chubby chedda :D

Comment

• Josh BL
            Josh BL commented
            Editing a comment
            Exact same setup for me too - love it!

- Firewire Intern Josh

Hey Nelson and Meri what is your height and weight? I'm 5'9 170 lbs and thinking 5'10 or 5'11 cc for my next high performance small to medium size wave board.

Comment

182 cm height and 77 kg

Comment

Yo, im 5'8 and about 68-70kg so 150-155 i love my 5'9 in 2ft+ its suprising how well it goes in pretty solid surf too and 1-2ft can be fine with a bit of push and shape... its a great board and came alive when i put in some rob machado future fins. i wasnt expecting them to make much difference but those little bamboo bangers rock

Comment

Anyone knows wich FCS fins comes closest in shape to the rob machado futures? Can only get my hands on a Chubby with FCS and everyone raves about the machados for this board =)

Comment

Same dilemma here..... I see they do PC7's with Bamboo now but havnt heard how they go?

Comment

iv heard good things about the dusty payne fins from kinetic, i looked at some before i got my machados, reckon theyd go pretty good but they have a flat inside foil and i like the feel of the concave inside foiled futures... worth a look tho

Comment

Working...
                    X