Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6'1 vs 6'2

Hi Guys

Im looking to get a CC and was going to head for a 6'1 (33.1L) as I like the volume in my 6'5 HZ which is similar (33.5L)

Im 6'3 and 87KG - 190LBS intermediate and plan to use it mainly on a point break from waist to head days.

I have found a 6'2 available which is slightly higher volume at 34.7 and im just wondering wether im really going to notice the difference between the 2?

just wondering if anyone has compared the 2

cheers

Personally I would try to keep the vol the same or as close as possible. The shape of the board has a big effect on how it will perform. If you are going to use the cc in really grovel surf than up the vol a bit. I am a bit sceptical sometimes about the vol of boards. I have. 5'8 md and a 5'8 subscorcher one has nearly two letters more vol but feels the same in the water?.

Comment

• Sarge
      Sarge commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting comment. I couldn't imagine taking a Sub into the same size waves I would put my MD into. Especially if it had a couple of extra litres. Maybe in smaller surf it would be ok.
      I'm not disbelieving on knocking your call, I just wouldn't have thought it possible. But then a couple of years ago I wouldn't have thought I could ride a board 5'6" at all, let alone in 1.5 overhead waves.
Working...
X