Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my Chubby out today in 'as good as it gets' offshore south coast surf about chest-head high.......it was perfect conditions for its maiden voyage!

Board felt really good, really fast and responsive, made close out sections on my backhand which is always tricky in weak surf! The best bit for me was turns......it could do a turn off the top, rail to rail really easy with no bogging!....something I would struggle with on my backhand in slower waves especially when ridding chunky railed boards.

FST felt bombproof too which was nice and felt good to be back on that tech!

Just need to get out in some more typical everyday type surf to see how it performs on the lower end of the scale

Sick board!

Comment

• Josh BL
      Josh BL commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the review GB Benny. Glad you're stoked on the CC!

- FIJ

yeewww iv had mine out in some great surf in SE QLD the last few weeks glad youre loving it and i tihnk youll be pleasantly surprised even in weeker surf

Comment

Yeah it's been good on the east coast hasn't it!?....I see a picture of North Avalon going off!! My home away from home spot! Chubbys got me keen to surf even more, so gotta a couple of euro trips planned.....

Comment

Can you guys help me out? lookin for a CC but stuck between a 5'9 or 5'10. I have a 5'2 SP and a 5'5 VG. I was thinking of getting a 5'6 SF....5'8 UNI...but everyone I spoke to said I should get the CC! but I don't really want a board that is 5'10 or above. Think the 5'9 will work???? I am 168 170 lbs, 5'8. Surf 3/4 x a week. Any help would be great. I guess I am trying to fill the gap between my VG and SP, but still want the board that will have most range.

Comment

I want to replace my 5.8 spitfire with CC for more performance shortboard feeling in average conditions.Other boards right now is MB 6.O thick (want to replace it with the thinner version) and PN 5.8. I am 180 -185 lbs and 5.8 height.Opinions please 5.10 or 5.11?

Comment

Working...
          X