X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future fins on the chubby

have a set of machado's that i haven't given a go yet.. however i'm also looking at the wct's as a second set in honeycomb. anybody give these a go on the chedda? how were they?

Haven't tried the wct's, but I can guarantee you this: the CC + the Machado's = gold.

Comment

Hey Josh what fins do you like in your other boards? Do you swap the machados out for a bigger stiffer fin when the surf gets solid? I recall you said you like the rasta quad in baked potato for small wave shredding...

Comment

Correct. When it gets bigger, I've been really liking the large Jordys.

Comment

So a rule of thumb is in juicier surf you want a bigger, stiffer flat foiled fin?! Do you ever ride a quad on any boards in bigger surf?

Comment

• Josh BL
            Josh BL commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. You need the stiffness to counteract the faster moving water. Otherwise you're more likely to slip out on a top turn or cutty. Personally, I only ride thrusters in bigger surf. I'm a traditionalist in that sense. I only use quads in 1-3ft surf, but that's just me. Other guys may like the four fin setup, but I find myself outrunning the wave if it's bigger and I'm on a quad.

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            If you're still riding a wide tailed board in larger surf then bigger stiffer fins are the call. If you're riding a knifey rounded pin in waves with plenty of power you don't need a lot of fin area and the board is going to hold in and the wave is supplying the speed. You just want a bit of control in those situations.

finally gave it a go on saturday.. chest high beachbreak.. punchy and pretty hollow.. i really like this board.. really like it

Comment

ran wcts today.. like them a lot more then the machado's

Comment

Your pictures looked awesome

Comment

yeah was just a perfect little beachbreak day... skatepark a frames head/oh sets barreling up and some just would hold back a bit.. would have been fun to have a bunch of boards to test that day.. hashtag, pyzalien comes to my mind first.. was that type of day where it was just super fun and easy where you could catch a ton of waves and really compare the feel of the boards.. pretty much stayed that way well past noon which isn't normal.. stoked on that day for sure

Comment

Working...
                X