X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future fins on the chubby

have a set of machado's that i haven't given a go yet.. however i'm also looking at the wct's as a second set in honeycomb. anybody give these a go on the chedda? how were they?

Haven't tried the wct's, but I can guarantee you this: the CC + the Machado's = gold.

Comment

Hey Josh what fins do you like in your other boards? Do you swap the machados out for a bigger stiffer fin when the surf gets solid? I recall you said you like the rasta quad in baked potato for small wave shredding...

Comment

Correct. When it gets bigger, I've been really liking the large Jordys.

Comment

So a rule of thumb is in juicier surf you want a bigger, stiffer flat foiled fin?! Do you ever ride a quad on any boards in bigger surf?

Comment

• Josh BL
            Josh BL commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. You need the stiffness to counteract the faster moving water. Otherwise you're more likely to slip out on a top turn or cutty. Personally, I only ride thrusters in bigger surf. I'm a traditionalist in that sense. I only use quads in 1-3ft surf, but that's just me. Other guys may like the four fin setup, but I find myself outrunning the wave if it's bigger and I'm on a quad.

• Phill
            Phill commented
            Editing a comment
            If you're still riding a wide tailed board in larger surf then bigger stiffer fins are the call. If you're riding a knifey rounded pin in waves with plenty of power you don't need a lot of fin area and the board is going to hold in and the wave is supplying the speed. You just want a bit of control in those situations.

finally gave it a go on saturday.. chest high beachbreak.. punchy and pretty hollow.. i really like this board.. really like it

Comment

ran wcts today.. like them a lot more then the machado's

Comment

Working...
            X