Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Size Dominator?

Hi,
    I'm looking for a little help in selecting the right size dominator for me. I'm 6'1", 195 lbs, and 25 years old. I've only been surfing a few months, but the people I surf with say I look like someone who has surfed for over a year and categorize me as an intermediate surfer. I have no problems catching waves or taking off late, I can move down the line, turn, make cutbacks, and make my way around closed out sections of a wave. I'm currently riding a poly fish measuring 6'8"x23x3 and I'm looking at the 6'6" and 6'4" dominator. I'm want something shorter with more curve in the tail to free up the board so I chose the dominator. Also, I'm lucky enough to be able to surf 5 days a week so I would like something that will help me to continue to progress and still be fun in small mushy conditions. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by NCounty Surf; 08-04-2012, 10:50 AM.

6'4" should be fine given your frequency of surfing. Good luck.

Comment

i would even think about a 6'2!

im 6'5 and weigh approx. 200pds...90-93kgs and i just got me a 6'4 2 weeks ago. only surfed it 3-4times,but in a wide array of conditions. small and fat,clean and over head and im extremely pleased with it. best board ive ever ridden. im also an intermediate...same as you. i could surf a 6'2 from the volume but i didnt want to go too short as ive only surfed longboards and guns before(smallest was a 6.8)... never know if a 6.2 is too small:P

it all depends on what you want. the 6.4 will float you loads, the 6.2 just as good... i gues if your surfing so much and have learned so well, id definately jump for the 6.2. get a set of SF4s quad and youll love it....

luismx

Comment

Working...
      X