Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ding on 2nd hand board with water ingress?

Hi,

I've been offered this board 2nd hand, the owner was up front that the board had a slight ding and i've seen before / after photos.

There is one small dark area on the rail, I was hoping this was wood stain but as it's right by where the repair was so seems to be ingress,

Could this have any impact on the board? The guy says even if it is ingress there's no way it got in anywhere else than the rail.

Would appreciate any advice as I'm pretty new to all this.

Before repair:

Attachment

After repair:

Attachment

Thanks

Rich
    Attached Files

Repair looks good to me and water damage looks minimal and confined to that small area only.

That said, any board you buy with dings and water damage is a gamble and I personally would always steer clear unless the price was too good to pass up.

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for your reply.

It's 300/350 so not sure if that's considered good or not?

I'm heading down to Newquay tomorrow for a week, I'll have a look at what's available down there.

Rich

Comment

300 max I'd say. 350 is quite a bit

Comment

Yeah, agreed there, damage looks contained!

Comment

yeah the big thing with water is you want to try to dry it because leaving it in any board over time is bad. the heating and cooling in a repetitive manner is what causes delams if there is nowhere for the water to go.

If you wait, maybe take it to a repair person and have them put a couple little holes to let it breath. if you do that, you can take it into the sun for a couple mins, let it heat up and then back in the shade and it will spit if there is water in it. Then let it rest a t room temp for a few days to kick the rest of the water. I would recommend opening it up only because you aren't sure how much water is in there.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X