Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sure. Worst year ever so far.

Comment

the winds have not been friendly huh? That is what Mark was saying...

Comment

Yeah constant onshores, very few actual groundswells so pretty much every time it's actually been offshore its been tiny or flat.
        Because of the constant onshores a lot of sand has blown up the beaches so banks have been shitty too.

Comment

Ye useless year, bring on more travelling!

Had a bit more success at Porthmeor today on the 600. Got to my feet on a few waves, messed up a few as well though. I'm putting this partly down to lack of fitness (surfed 6 times since April, thought I was fitter than I actually am!) and partly being on a board 8" shorter than I'm used to. With my lack of fitness I was surprised how well the board paddled, really impressed with that.

So I can paddle it and get into waves, but it felt super twitchy when I was up on my feet. Pretty sure I would get used to that fairly quickly with some good waves.

I'm still pretty torn between a 600 and 602 though, and still think that maybe a Dominator would be better for me. Maybe slightly less responsive to make a for a better transition from a big board?

Comment

Working...
          X